Who are you?¿?¿

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Tara19, May 23, 2003.

1. cowboy02

cowboy02 Rookie

May 26, 2003

Hello, I'm Andi from Indiana. I teach second grade at Cornerstone Christian Academy in Brazil. I have taught here for eight years. My husband and I have three children. We live in the country and have horses, chickens, two dogs, and two cats.

2. Shawnmarie

Shawnmarie Rookie

May 26, 2003

I'm Shawn, I've been married for what will be 6 years on May 30th. I live in NY with my hubby, 4 kids, and 2 dogs. I taught in the elementary school as a one on one aide for a few years until my student was sent to a residential home. I taught preschool for 7 years and had to leave my school in 2001 when I went on bedrest. I currently am teaching at Gymboree 2 days a week and am home with my 1 year old son the other days. I teach the regular play class, as well as music, and one day a week I teach a class that is preK. It's different, but still allows me to work with children and keeps me involved with teaching so I will not be shellshocked when I return to work full-time at some point.

3. AMK

AMK Aficionado

May 26, 2003

HI I am Kim and I am from NJ. I went to college in RI but I like NJ so I moved back home after graduating. I have been teaching kindergarten for two years in a Catholic School. I am currently looking for a job in public school. I am attending graduate school at night for my masters in curriculum and instruction along with special education so I am busy. I love what I do but I will be looking forward to the summer in a few weeks.

4. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

May 26, 2003

AMK...

What part of NJ are you from? I grew up there and went to school there... then moved to RI? Where did you go to school?:) Just curious.:p

5. AMK

AMK Aficionado

May 26, 2003

I attended Salve Regina Univ in Newport I was an early childhood ed. major- I loved Newport but my family and friends are all here in NJ! I grew up and live in Northeast NJ - Essex County. Many people have awful things to say about NJ but I love it here. :)

6. Seich30

Seich30 Comrade

May 27, 2003

I'm Sharlene from Central Florida. I am about to finish my 8th year teaching (only 4 more days with kids). I have my dream job--Pre-k teacher of special needs kids. I have 12 kids with a full time aide. I've lived in Florida all my life--but I'm not a beach person--I'd much prefer the mountains. I dislike palm trees, heat, and humidity. My family is here, so Florida is home.

7. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

May 27, 2003

missouri connection

My sister is married to a missourian. (chesterfield)
    His parents are owners of mall kiosks called pretzel king and popcorn palace. What a small world!

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 27, 2003

Hyee... I'm Sheila... I live in the Great Lakes State. I have an elem. major and ZA (early childhood endors.). I'm going for an interview next week, so everyone say a little prayer and cross fingers, toes, and eyes!!!:)

9. turboteach

turboteach Companion

May 27, 2003

Hi all...
    Nice to put "places" to the screen names I read so often. My name is Sherri and I'm from British Columbia, Canada. Haven't seen many fellow Canucks on the site, but there are always interesting and helpful advice and ideas!! I'm a student teacher and will be certified at this time next year...can't wait to have a class of my own!!
    Looking forward to reading more from you all. Anyone else from the "Great White North"?

10. Margo

Margo Devotee

May 27, 2003

Sharlene from Central Florida, where are you located? I'm in Central Florida too. We could be neighbors.

11. hillsidefogo

hillsidefogo Companion

May 27, 2003

I must say hi from Newfoundland. My name is Dawn and I have taught Kindergarten full-time for the past 2 years and hopefully for many more. I've been teaching for 18 years- 1 at grade 2, 2 at grade 1, and 13 in Special Education from primary resource to grade 12 Basic English(That or be laid off!)and all the way in between. I'm married with a 10 year old and a 13 year old and a little one in Heaven. My husband, brothers, father, mother, uncle and aunt are all teachers(some retired now) so I guess you could say teaching is in my blood.

I live on Fogo Island, a little island off the Northeast coast of the big island of Newfoundland(accessible only by ferry 5 times a day).I moved here to teach for one year in 1985 but met my husband and the rest is history. Fishing is our main industry although it is in some trouble right now with low cod stocks. We have warm summer weather(about 65-80 degrees F.), lots of icebergs, hiking trails and my husband loves to sea kayak. Last year we met a teacher from Vermont and she stayed with us while kayaking with my husband. I live in a 96 year old fish merchants house with 10 bedrooms and lots of dust!!

I love this site because it's so nice to talk to other teachers( i'm the only K teacher in my school) and learn about other school and systems.

12. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 27, 2003

Do you live in Indiana? Where from?

13. Steph-ernie

Steph-ernie Groupie

May 27, 2003

I'm Stephanie in Southern California. I'm a college student in an elementary education program and a preschool teacher. Next year will be my senior year and then after a semester of student teaching, I will be an elementary school teacher!! I'm curious ... I'm preparing to teach in a Lutheran School, are there any Lutheran School teachers on here?

14. Seich30

Seich30 Comrade

May 28, 2003

Margo--I live in Lakeland--how about you?

15. Margo

Margo Devotee

May 29, 2003

We are neighbors!! I live in Davenport. I had a child this year transfer in from Lakeland - I think Lakeland Elementary???? Is there a school there by that name. What a small world it is. I go to Lakeland Mall so I don't have to tackle the Florida Mall. Haven't been to the new Millenia Mall yet. What a coinicidence (sp)