Whiteboards

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by LaurenNJ, Aug 16, 2010.

1. LaurenNJ

LaurenNJ Rookie

Aug 16, 2010

I got moved this year to a new school, we start Sept. 2. The only thing I have in my room is a chalkboard, which I hate. I would like to put up two small whiteboards (one for homework and one for anchor work). I bought two from target but they were really flimsy and I am thinking they will be ruined within weeks. Does anyone know where I can buy cheap whiteboards not too big (maybe 4 x 3 ft). I've looked everywhere! Thanks!

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Aug 16, 2010

Do you have access to a laminater? If you want really cheap, just laminate a piece of white paper or whatever color you choose and attach to a wall or cabinet or even your chalkboard.

4. njteach41

njteach41 Middle School Social Studies Teacher

Aug 16, 2010

not cheap but GREAT quality. I bought a white board from costco. It's magnetic which is great, and has a clip on top to clip papers, or can be flipped and the clip when open acts like a marker ledge. it was $20.

5. LaurenNJ

LaurenNJ Rookie

Aug 16, 2010

do you remember the size of it?

6. MrsCSoup

MrsCSoup Rookie

Aug 17, 2010

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and get white board material. It won't be in a frame but you can always add border to jazz it up. My district bought 12 x 12" squares to use for independent work and they are still usable for this year. You will also be able to have them cut it to the size(s) you want.

7. corney

corney Companion

Aug 18, 2010

Try Michael's as well.. I rememeber seeing them last year.. they had all different sizes and prices.

8. bailey2874

bailey2874 Rookie

Aug 19, 2010

My school only has ActivBoards in the classrooms for instruction. But I like to have the whiteboard for homework or for days that a sub might have to be in my room. I went to Lowe's and purchased a GIANT piece of paneling that basically has a whiteboard finish. They cut it to my exact measurements for me. It works great and cleans easily. The only draw back it that they are not magnetic. I hung it on the wall using a liquid nails type adhesive. Hope this is helpful!