Whiteboard /pocket chart centers

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by Touchthefuture, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Touchthefuture

Touchthefuture Comrade

Jun 18, 2010

Does anyone have any ideas of what to use small whiteboards for suring center time? I use the whiteboards in other whole group activities but was wondering if I can use them for centers too.

Also, If you have any ideas for pocket chart centers please let me know. I am hoping for something easy to change out week to week

Thanks!

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jun 18, 2010

I bought a book of centers from Mailbox (it was on sale). The pieces punched out. There were quite a few in the set. Maybe I bought two books, I don't know, but there were lots of LA and math topics. Some could be used by two or more kids, some individually. I used them with pocket charts. I actually had two charts back to back on a free-standing frame.

4. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Jun 19, 2010

what are they doing during whole group time? Many of the things we do whole group are then transferred to stations. Could they do similar activities?
    We use the pocket chart more as a tool to be used in other work stations such as the word work station - (ex - adding word endings or prefixes/suffixes to words) or the poetry station (ex- arranging the words of a poem or lines of text... or covering up an adjective in a poem and putting a new adjective in its place).
    I am pretty sure Deb Diller has a little section in her book on the Pocket Chart station... my book is locked in my classroom until July, or else I'd go look it up for you.

5. UVAgrl928

UVAgrl928 Habitué

Jun 19, 2010

My students use whiteboards at their word work center. They can quiz each other on spelling words.

6. Touchthefuture

Touchthefuture Comrade

Jun 19, 2010

I use the white boards for word work like we identify phonemes and they come up with words with that phoneme. I have that as a center already though. We also use white boards for math. I have Deb Dillers book too. I haven't looked at it in a while. It is in my room too so I'll check it out when I go back.