Whiteboard into B/B

Discussion in 'General Education' started by amakaye, Jul 19, 2007.

1. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2007

I only have one small bulletin board in my room, but do have an excessive amount of whiteboards. I want to use at least one as a bulletin board area. I thought I would just use magnets, but unfortunately, they are not magnetic. I do have a cork strip along the top. Any ideas on how to attach backings/borders/etc. so they will stay but not damage the boards?

3. Edelweiss

Edelweiss Rookie

Jul 19, 2007

You could just use Scotch tape to hang things directly on the whiteboard. It might not be very fancy, but it would work.

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 19, 2007

You can use sticky tack to put the background up on the white board and more sticky tack to stick stuff to the background.

5. CarrieB

CarrieB Companion

Jul 19, 2007

I used double sided scotch take to take BB paper to my chalkboards. It came off pretty good without scratching the board (though some of my girls spend almost an hur trying to get it off, voluntarily I might add).

6. eydie

eydie Companion

Jul 19, 2007

I hot glued the BB paper to the board and then used sticky tack to put up the boarder and decorations. When I took it down at the end of the year I pulled the paper off and used a plastic scraper to rub off the hot glue. It came right off and left no mess.

7. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 19, 2007

I didn't remake a whiteboard, but on a chalkboard, I used lots of the mauvalous brand tape to hold my fabric with a row of hot glue along the top. It was sturdy enough that I could change things without everything coming down. Since I used fabric, I used straight pins to attach things up at the top of the bb that were out of the kids' reach.

8. carlea

carlea Comrade

Jul 21, 2007

I used the sticky back plastic hooks on my whiteboard to hang pocket charts. They have the kind that come off without leaving a mark - those worked great!

Years before, I just covered the white board with material - attached above the board (onto the wall) with staples and onto the bottom with tape.