Which textbook should I order for Biology?

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by Mike_D, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Mike_D

Mike_D New Member

Feb 14, 2014

As stated in another post I work at a charter school that is adding a 9th grade, and so I will be teaching Biology next year. I would like to hear some advice on which textbook to select. I am particularly interested in enhanced digital content in that we are an iSchool campus and all the students have iPads. The district uses the 2010 Miller & Levine book, which I like, but and don't want to miss out on a potentially better option for the students. Please let me know what you think.

3. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Feb 14, 2014

We use Glencoe. I like it.

4. mr_post22

mr_post22 Companion

Feb 14, 2014

Ask some of the companies if you can have a sample (like a section or two) of a student copy, a teacher edition, and an online version and look through and see which one you think you would be most effective teaching with. Also, make sure that they are in line with the standards that other schools use so the kids are learning most of the stuff as their peers.

5. JRafko

JRafko Rookie

Feb 14, 2014

I use Holt McDougal and It is not that bad, you can accesss an online book and it quite readable, if you do reading in your class out of the book.