Which stores does your teacher wardrobe come from?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Ms.Jasztal, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 29, 2011

I have been to some great stores lately... and I updated my teacher wardrobe a bit. Where is your teacher wardrobe from?

Mine: Ross Dress for Less, TJ Maxx, Ann Taylor (Loft), JCPenney, Dressbarn, Burlington Coat Factory, New York and Company. I probably have other brands and stores in there, but these are the first that come to mind. I have scored some good deals, especially at Ross/Burlington/TJ Maxx. The outlet mall stores had a nicer selection, but I purchased less there because of the slightly heightened cost. Then JCPenney is in my budget and offers great styles, including a lovely new dress for the start of this coming school year! Polka-dotted on top with a belt and a black skirt. Also, Charming Charlie is awesome for accessories! I LOVE that store.

I may finish out with a few simple pairs of shoes, but the outfits are the most fun to shop for!

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 29, 2011

I get a lot from JC Penney and Kohl's because those stores are in the next closest town. I make trips to Lane Bryant and New York & Company from time to time. I also have some Old Navy.

I used to love The Limited, and my all-time favorite pair of pants were from Gap.

I'm an equal-opportunity shopper. I'll shop at high-end places and Wal-Mart. I'm also really good at remembering what I have and matching things when I don't have all the items with me.

I buy a lot of dress shoes and handbags at TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

I haven't bought any new stuff for school this year. They changed our dress code last year, so I bought more last year than usual. Nothing I've seen lately has really said, "Take me home".

4. MissAnt

MissAnt Comrade

Jul 29, 2011

Gap
    The Limited
    LOFT
    Old Navy
    Kohl's
    Banana Republic
    Dress Barn

And quite a few things from consignment stores, many of the brands listed above I buy from consignment stores.

5. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 29, 2011

Forgot about Kohls! Yes, I do have some outfits from there as well. :)

"Ima Teacher", (though I know your name, lol), how was your dress code changed last year? Hopefully I will always fit into one at my school because I have a lot of really nice outfits. Besides that, a lot of clothes have said "Take me home" lately, but I purged 1/3 of my closet this summer, too.

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 29, 2011

Really the only thing that changed for me was the removal of jeans, shorts, and thong sandals. I had several pairs of knee-length dress shorts and dark-washed trouser jeans that I'd wear pretty often. I also lived in "flip-flop" type sandals.

I had a good collection of skirts and dress pants, so I bought a selection of twill pants for when I wanted a more casual look. Only problem was that I discovered that the dressy tops that went OK with jeans did not go with the twill pants. I didn't have enough casual tops.

In a few weeks I'm going for my first meeting with an endocrinologist to see why I have had such terrible metabolism for the past few years. Part of me wants to think that I'll get my metabolism back to normal, and I can get some new, smaller clothes.

7. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jul 29, 2011

Mine comes from LOFT, GAP, Banana Republic, JC Penney's, Ross, and a little bit from Old Navy.

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 29, 2011

Kohls
    JCPenney
    Sears
    Macys

I'm planning to pick up a suit or 2 at the Kaspar outlet this week.

9. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2011

I'll shop almost anywhere, but it seems that most of my stuff is from Kohls, Penneys, sears (especially the Lands End section), LLBean or Macys. I tend to shop the clearance departments :).

10. Joy

Joy Cohort

Jul 29, 2011

I used to always shop at JCPenney but I've noticed that in the past few years their style has really changed. Also the store nearest to me went under a remodel. I don't like shopping there at all now. The racks are way too close together and there must be five stations of music playing at once-I can't even think. Lately, I have been doing most of my shopping at Kohls because I can get lots of coupons and it's very close to where I live. Occasionally, I also shop at Younkers and Target.

11. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 29, 2011

I have a lot from NY and Co and Coldwater Creek.

12. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2011

All of my pants come from Banana Republic or Express (love the editor pants!)

I'm equal-opportunity for tops: anything, anywhere that fits.

Shoes are all flats from Clarks or Bass.

13. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jul 29, 2011

I buy mostly online from Old Navy, Target, and Kohls. I hate going in a store to try on clothes.

14. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Jul 29, 2011

most of my clothes come from Kohls, Target, or LOFT.

I did get a few new dresses for the fall because it appears our dress code is changing also. And most of my pants (all) are too right these days. I think maybe my metabolism has hit the wall :(

15. MrsCK

MrsCK Companion

Jul 29, 2011

JCPenney
    TJ Maxx
    New York & Company
    Ross

16. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2011

My clothes mostly come from JC Penney, Kohls, and Ann Taylor Outlet.

17. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Jul 29, 2011

Ugh, I'm in that club, too. :(:(:(

I shop a lot at the Limited and J Crew, because they will give a 15% teacher discount, on top of any sales. For shoes, I buy almost exclusively at DSW now, except for boots.

18. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 29, 2011

Palais Royal
    Khols
    Steinmart
    JC Penny's

I love Palais Royal! They've really changed the style of clothes they stock in the last few years, and to me, it's very similar to Khols.

19. Ms.SLS

Ms.SLS Cohort

Jul 29, 2011

I ALWAYS find stuff in Target.

New York and Co if I have money.

20. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jul 29, 2011

Kohls & JC Penney for the most part.

21. chellyoner

chellyoner Rookie

Jul 29, 2011

I get my clothes from:

J crew
    Madewell
    Gap

22. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Jul 29, 2011

I find a ton of my clothes at the thrift store. I love Talbots clothes and find quite a bit there that's new with tags for a fraction of the cost of even their clearance. I find that if it fits and I like it, I buy it.

23. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Jul 29, 2011

I have a lot from the Loft, Target, NY&Co, Macy's, and sometimes Kohl's (but that only seems to be like a one time wear piece of clothing because you can't wash anything form Kohls)

24. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

Jul 29, 2011

I get a lot of my teacher wardrobe from the thrift stores also. I have Ann Taylor Loft suits, Gap, Banana Republic, and other name brands that I literally paid a few bucks for.

25. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2011

A lot of my tops are from Christopher and Banks--I like their patterned 3/4 sleeve t's, because I won't wear short sleeves (arm flap, ugh!) and cardigans. More tops from LL Bean, Lands End, JCP, and Target (cute sweaters!); pants from wherever I can find them that fit and come up to my waist--I'm a picky old broad! :D

I wore Keds almost every day last year, but this year I'm going to try to kick it up a notch. I've gotten a little complacent in my comfy wardrobe. Maybe I'll even try (gasp!) a skirt!

26. FunTwoTeach

FunTwoTeach Rookie

Jul 29, 2011

Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft, The Limited, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and DSW for shoes, which are usually Clarks.

Occasionally Nordstrom's or Macy's, but not too often.

My school doesn't have any kind of dress code, and quite a lot of people dress inappropriately in my opinion. But that's probably another discussion :)

27. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2011

Majority comes from Old Navy.
    A few from Gap.
    I used to buy a lot of clothes for work at The Loft, but lately, I haven't really liked any of their styles. They seem weird and cheap looking. I don't know. Maybe it's just me.

28. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Jul 29, 2011

Most of mine comes from target, loft, and marshalls. But this year it will come from motherhood maternity. I have to order my shoes off of zappos.com due to size issues but I usually get clarks.

29. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jul 29, 2011

Most of mine is from New York and Company and Gap. I just moved and now there's a Loft super close to me as well as a NY and Co so I'll probably get most of my future stuff there.

30. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jul 29, 2011

Target, Penny's, Old Navy, Kohls. But now I want to go look at some of these stores that you guys have found things at!

31. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Jul 29, 2011

For my every day school clothing, I stick to:
    Kohls (they actually have pants that are long enough to fit me properly)
    Thrift stores (I have a Goodwill not too far from me and I love stopping in there)
    Dress Barn
    (I'm a science teacher so I don't buy really nice clothing because I don't want to ruin them)

For when I need to buy something fancier/more professional--
    Macy's
    JCPenny

32. KatherineParr

KatherineParr Comrade

Jul 29, 2011

It changes depending on where we live. Before we moved, I wore a ton of Talbots because there was an outlet five minutes from my house. Now, I wear a lot of Ann Taylor Loft because one of those is right down the street and I get that 15% off.

But LL Bean and REI supply some useful things, too.

Pencil Monkey - Gap maternity is a little more than Motherhood but it's really great. Lasts forever, very stretchy, and not crazy expensive. Old Navy has cute, inexpensive maternity wear, too. I wore my Gap stuff throughout my pregnancy and had a hard time saying goodbye when it was over - that's how much I liked those clothes.

33. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2011

Mostly Kohl's, with some Target and a few items from different outlet stores thrown in.

34. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2011

I got a ton of stuff at a 50% off everything sale at an Ann Taylor outlet last week. I also got a few things from Target. I'm going into "the city" (several hours away) to pick up my friend from the airport, so I think I'm going to head down there early and try to check out some department stores like Kohls and JcPenny. That's where I usually get my stuff, but we don't have any within a few hours of here.

35. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 29, 2011

Loft
    Banana Republic
    New York and Company

Department stores always make me search too hard. Every once in a while I will find something at Kohls.

36. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Jul 29, 2011

I love-love-love Land's End cardigans. I always get paint and playdough on my clothes and the cardigans wash really well.

37. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2011

One of my favorite places to shop is eBay.

38. MissT34

MissT34 Companion

Jul 29, 2011

I love Kohls and Penneys... last year I bought most of my pants at NY and Co, but I noticed that they end up becoming super loose! Anyone else have this problem? I have a giftcard from there that I need to go spend, so I guess I'll be stocking up on blouses

39. Lindsnh

Lindsnh Companion

Jul 29, 2011

New York and Co.
    Old Navy
    TJ Maxx
    Ross
    JC Penny
    Belk (like Dilliards)

40. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Jul 29, 2011

Like I posted before, I love visiting Goodwill. Today I went there and I picked up 5 new shirts (1 of them was brand new), a beautiful silk skirt that's from The Gap, and a pair of nice high heels-- all for less than $50. :)

41. MMRbella

MMRbella Companion

Jul 29, 2011

The Limited
    White House Black Market
    Macys
    NY&Co
    Express