which resume writing service do you like or use more of??

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by munchkin, Mar 14, 2007.

1. munchkin

munchkin Cohort

Mar 14, 2007

HEy.
    I have had absolutely no luck with writing my own resume. I've used local services, but once they take one look at it, they tell me there's nothing they could add and to leave it alone. NOT!
    Sooo, has there been anyone who has successfully used monster.com for a resume in teaching??? What about the one that is offered in the store here?? Both are abit pricey... > $150... but I suppose if I haven't had any luck yet with just myself and the local yocal "experts" it can't hurt...
    But which one? Does anyone have a favorite? or a suggestion?
    I am getting downright paranoid and stuck!! I've been looking for 5 years, and subbing for 4.5 years steadily. Gotten reasonable to great reviews, but no luck so far.

HELLPPP!
    signed
    munchkin

3. tripletsteacher

tripletsteacher Companion

Mar 14, 2007

I am beginning to think it is pretty political when it comes to hiring. I had one kindergartner teacher tell me she was not even interviewed but student taught at the scowl. Other teachers I know say it was who they knew. I myself had a superintendent recommend me to a principal because he was a friend of the family. I got the job but had to turn it down due to finding out I was pregnant with triplets. I know for a fact that my resume and cover letter seven years ago was terrible. Why did I get the job then? Well, I believe it was the reccomedation of the super. Of course, he is retired now so I can ot use him this time around. We have 3 schools locally here ---elementary. I hear all the gossip about the hiring and talk to a lot of people. I am trying to get in one of them now but have immediate links like last time. Sorry to be so down about it. I have only applied to 2 places and have not subbed in 7 years. However, I am listening to all the teacher around me and hearing how and why they got hired. Everyone seems to think 90% of the time its who you know. Anyone agree? Good luck! I know of a few books that might help you. Have the principals come to observe you while subbing? Do they know you want in at their schools?

4. munchkin

munchkin Cohort

Mar 14, 2007

5. munchkin

munchkin Cohort

Mar 14, 2007

by the way, I read your "note" with the cover letter and resume. I really like the friendliness of it!! Congrats. It was an easy read, and most of it made me want to read more.