Which online technology is your favorite?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by tchr4evr, Jul 21, 2011.

1. tchr4evr

tchr4evr Companion

Jul 21, 2011

My goal for myself this year is to incorporate more online learning with my students, especially my AP students. I've done a blog the last two years, which is very successful, if i stay on top of it. I've also had a webpage for awhile, and again, it's great if I stay on top of it. I started with Edmodo at the end of the year, and liked it, but didn't get to implement it as much as I'd like. I've also looked at Google docs.

Just wondering what online technology you use, how successful is it, and what do you use it for? I want to do some exploration before school starts and get some more online stuff running.

Thanks.

3. MrsLilHen

MrsLilHen Comrade

Jul 21, 2011

I use google docs and also moodle. I really love both.

4. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 21, 2011

How much technology is available to your students? Do they all have computers to use in the classroom or is it just for home use?

5. tchr4evr

tchr4evr Companion

Jul 21, 2011

I would say the majority have access at home, although there are the "glitches" that come up. They do not have access to computers daily, all we have labs available and portable laptops, and they are pretty accessible when we needs them.

6. kme93

kme93 Companion

Jul 21, 2011

I use/have used:
    Cognitive Tutor (online homework)
    MyMathLab (LOVE it - online homework)
    Blackboard
    Moodle

I will be working at a private laptop school, so that explains the online homework.

7. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 21, 2011

Since 100% of your kids won't have access, I think the best and easiest thing you can do is begin to incorporate videos and interactive guides with your students.

If you use a website, make it full of supplemental materials that will help your students do some more research on their own. You can set up a Diigo account for your class in which they find links to share related with the topic you're researching. I think Wikis are a great way to take that extra research to the next level, too.