Which job would look better on a resume?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by royalteach, Jul 20, 2013.

1. royalteach

royalteach New Member

Jul 20, 2013

I am, or would be, a first year teacher this upcoming year. Problem is my fiance just received a job opportunity out of state that he can't pass up, so it appears we are moving after the wedding. I am assuming, because it is later in the hiring season, I probably won't be able to find a teaching position for the upcoming year this year. My question is which alternative job would look better on my applications for next year... Would I do better to substitute teach, or get a preschool job in a daycare. I am still hoping to stumble upon something out there, but I also want to be realistic and ready to just make myself stand out next year. Thank you for your help!

Also, sorry for typos and grammatical errors. I am on my tablet and the keyboard is acting goofy. I tried to check, but I'm sure I missed something.

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2013

What are you certified in?

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 21, 2013

I'd sub.

5. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 21, 2013

I would sub unless your speciality is early childhood.

You can likely land a LTS job that could lead to permanent employment, and those pop up all the time--so you wouldn't have to start right in Sept. if you need more time to relocate etc.

6. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 21, 2013

I agree with subbing and looking for LTS jobs, depending on what your certifications are.

7. SCTeacher23

SCTeacher23 Comrade

Jul 21, 2013

As others have said, I would sub. It's good for your resume and good experience. I know of several people who have used subbing to get their foot in the door of a district.