Which Do You Miss More...High School or College Days?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 4, 2010

Which Did You ENJOY More...High School or College Days?

Which time of your life do you miss or better yet, ENJOY more, your high school or college days?

I don't miss the past. I should probably rephrase the question & ask which did you ENJOY more?

Not to say that this means everything, but I had a few more friends in HS, so I think I liked HS a bit better. I never had a job in HS.
    I only had one pretty good friend in college & that was my beginning college yrs. I enjoyed college too though! With both, they were carefree times...no bills, etc. to worry about! I had pretty good grades w/ both. However, I wouldn't really want to relive either time.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 4, 2010

Honestly? Neither.

I had a wonderful time in high school, and a blast in college. As a Junior in high school, I started working in a local restaurant. I stayed there unitil th week before I started teaching, and was part of a large group of friends. We worked hard and played hard. We rented a ski house up at Hunter Mountain and a summer house (apartment really) in the Hamptons. They were great times, and I look back on them fondly and with thanks.

But I wouldn't trade my life TODAY for anything. I'm very content with who I am and where I am at the moment. I was away for the past 2 days on retreat and I missed Peter and the kids more than I can say.

So the past was great. But I'm delighted with the present.

4. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Dec 4, 2010

I don't miss the past at all.

My HS years were a lot of fun, and I loved pretty much everything about my 12 consecutive years on a college campus. My roommate and I were hilarious together. We lived together during grad school for me and law school for her, a lot of stress but SO many laughs.

But, I love my life now ... my husband, my pups, my career, my students, my home, my friends, my hobbies ...

5. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Dec 4, 2010

I don't necessarily miss it, but I'd say college was 10x more fun and interesting for me than HS. HS was fine, I had good friends and my class got along pretty well with each other, but college was just a blast.

6. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Dec 4, 2010

I'm happy where I am now, but if I could turn back the clock, I'd love to do college again and explore other careers! I would study linguistics, I think...

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 4, 2010

I think I'd go back to college. I loved HS don't get me wrong, but I really felt like I came into my own in college. I had a great circle of friends that unfortunately can't get together enough because of distance. I loved the job that I had working with my mom in a lawyer's office. And I loved the life that my dh and I were living. Not that I don't love the life we have now (I wouldn't trade that in for anything!), but it was just more carefree back then.

8. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 4, 2010

I don't really miss either one. I had really good times with both of them. I had a good time in high school. I had great friends, and I always made good grades in school. I also enjoyed college, too, for the same reasons.

My closest friends are still people I knew from high school and college. My friends are still there, so it's not like I'm really missing a lot. We're all spread over different places, but we still keep in touch. I've also still made more friends.

9. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Dec 4, 2010

College was a nightmare. Looking back, there were SO many things I could/should have done differently. High school was a lot more fun, as I had a good group of friends. But it still had it pitfalls.

Always moving forward!

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 4, 2010

I don't 'miss' either, but I do enjoy college reunions immensely. We've started having 'affinity' reunions instead of just grad year reunions...last June my women's dorm had an 80s reunion-anyone who had lived in ten dorm or graduated in the early 80s...we had a turnout of about 15 women, not very many, but it was BIG fun. We're hoping to revive the event again this year...sleep in our dorm, close down the pub, go out to diners at 2 in the morning...:D

11. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 4, 2010

I loved high school. I had a great summer job, lots of friends, and earned great grades. I hated college. Most of the classes were not what I needed. In hindsight, I should have taken a different educational route. But, I am happy with my family, and my life.

12. EDUK8_ME

EDUK8_ME Cohort

Dec 4, 2010

I loved college. I loved the freedom of being on my own yet I wasn't far from home. I met some great people and had some memorable experiences.

13. webmistress

webmistress Devotee

Dec 4, 2010

Trauma from both! Don't miss either, but undergrad college days were 1million times better than High school.

On Facebook everyone is always saying how they wish they could go back to High school and how they miss it so badly because life was so simple. I just can't relate.

14. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Dec 5, 2010

College...I was a "loser" in High School.

15. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Dec 5, 2010

Well I'm happy with my life now, but if for some reason I was forced to go back in time I'd choose college over high school. Both were good, but college was more fun overall. But really, I don't miss either of them.

16. bros

bros Phenom

Dec 5, 2010

Well I am currently in college....

HS was pretty nightmarish for me, with two discriminatory teachers and the school screwing me over in terms of remediation.

College is decent, I would make a few changes if I could (start out as an education major, take a math class BEFORE I graduated from the community college)

17. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Dec 5, 2010

Wow, when I clicked on the link, I really thought a lot of people would complain about how horrible high school was. I guess I forget that unlike me, most people actually had a decent life. Well, I would obviously redo college again, mainly so that I can major in geology instead. College was a lot better than high school, that's for sure.

18. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Dec 5, 2010

I would go back to high school. College was a rough time for me. High school was rough, but I loved my dorm, I loved being away from home, and I loved the academic environment at my high school! I have a group of friends from there with whom I am still in very regular contact. Because of the residential aspect, we really are like a little family, if a somewhat dysfunctional family. I had a harder time in college, and overworked myself.

19. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Dec 5, 2010

I don't miss either. I am very happy with my life.

20. Emily Bronte

Emily Bronte Groupie

Dec 5, 2010

I can't say that I miss either of them in the true sense of the word, but I liked college a lot more than high school. There was a freedom that I really enjoyed. Of course, I do miss having money that I could just spend on whatever...now I have a mortgage and things just don't work that way in the grown up world. College over high school hands down.

21. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Dec 5, 2010

Let's see...

High school: All boys. No car. Couldn't drink. Had a curfew. Crummy grades. Teachers thought I was stoner space case.

College: Tons of single women (ended up marrying one). Could drink. Could leave on Friday night and come back Saturday afternoon. Excellent grades. Professors thought I was brilliant.

I'd say college.

22. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Dec 5, 2010

I hated high school.

I had a lot of fun in college. I wouldn't mind reliving a little of that.

23. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Dec 5, 2010

I miss college way more than I will ever miss high school.

24. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Dec 5, 2010

I miss college. I hated high school.

25. shakira

shakira New Member

Dec 6, 2010

hey guys...
    i miss both college days as well as school days.... but mostly i miss my last 3 or 4 month in my high school... those days were osam... had great fun with friends.... those days always remember me... those were my golden days....

26. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Dec 6, 2010

I loved my High school days and my college days, I played sports, was in Marching Band, Played in the Orchestra, sang in choir Had girlfriends (I had a senior GF when I was a Sophomore, then Had a Sophomore GF when I was a junior, till I graduated HS she was my first broken heart)
    Then I graduated College and I became a working stiff. I still enjoyed life but with concerns and responsibilities of Adulthood added.

27. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Dec 6, 2010

There were fun and not so fun things about both high school and college for me.

I know I had a lot more friends/social time in high school and college because of the classes whereas now I see my friends every now and then because we all live in different cities.

I also enjoyed some of my classes both in hs and college. However, just like everything else in life, those were previous chapters in our lives and now is the time to enjoy for in the future we will reflect about our "now" and what life was like!
    So make happy memories!

28. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Dec 6, 2010

In both, I would take a lot MORE things a lot LESS seriously.

I wish I would have been a bit more care-free in high school. The guy who I thought held the key to popularity, really turned out to be a manic depressive, politically raving, Facebook stalking, Republican janitor with a drinking problem (no offense to janitors or Republicans).

In college, I tried to grow up too fast. I do wish I would have given myself a bit more time to be a 20-year old student.

29. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Dec 6, 2010

College was a lot more fun for me. I grew up in a small town, and didn't really have any close friends. When I went off to school, I found a group of wonderful girls who I shared interests with. I do wish I would have been a little more outgoing and involved my first couple years, because I really enjoyed the last two. While I don't miss those days, I do miss my friends!

30. Jen84

Jen84 Companion

Dec 7, 2010

While I don't necessarily miss either of those times, I'd say that I enjoyed high school more than college. The people I met there were genuine and sincere. Overall, I just had more fun.