Which crockpot? (Bed Bath and Beyond)

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by StudentTeach, Oct 15, 2011.

1. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Oct 15, 2011

The other thread about crockpot recipes had me thinking that I should invest in one and learn how to start cooking in it! I'm planning to go to Bed Bath and Beyond and Target is also on the same street. Which would you purchase from either of those stores? I've never owned one and don't know what kinds of settings to look at.

3. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Oct 15, 2011

I like crock pots that go to warm when done cooking, have a insert that comes out...as opposed to a pot that one piece, have a dark colored inside....appears cleaner to me. I also have enjoyed more a crock pot that has 3 settings. I think one reason I like the new rival pot I have over the old one is that it is round. It seems to have less hot spots. However, the old pot was a different brand, so the shape may have nothing to do with it.

Happy hunting!

4. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Oct 15, 2011

5. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Oct 15, 2011

Happy crockpot cooking...

I love to get a chicken from the store and doing our own stock for soup!!! We get 2-3 meals out of 1 chicken... Not bad when the chicken in only $5 to begin with!!!

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 15, 2011

You all are inspiring me to buy a new crockpot! Thanks.

7. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Oct 15, 2011

I have one that has 3 different pots to go in it. 2, 4, and 6 qt. I like it. I've done like chicken breast with cream of chicken in the small one to a roast with fixings in the large one. Hubby's done beans in the middle one.

8. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Oct 15, 2011

I use mine about once a week during the summer and twice a week in the winter. Chili, soup, roast, chicken breast, and beans are at the top of my list. I couldn't live without mine...I also recommend the crockpot liners...such easy cleanup.