Whew...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MrsC, Sep 7, 2010.

1. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 7, 2010

On the first day of school, all teachers are outside, greeting their students. Those of us without homerooms help students find their teachers, reassure parents, etc. Just before everyone entered the building, one of the grade 1 teachers came up to me with a little guy who didn't know where he needed to go. He couldn't remember his last name or what grade he was going in to or even the name of his teacher last year. I took him to the office, questioning him all the way, but all I got was a matter-of-fact, "I don't remember". He thought, however, that he was, "6, or maybe 7". We pulled out class lists, looking for the first name and trying to figure out who he was. No luck. I decided to look through his backpack, because everyone comes to school with their name on everything--right? No. Nothing labelled. We were all starting to panic, just a bit, when I opened the last pocket of the backpack and found an epi-pen and a puffer--both with his name on them!

Now, who sends a grade 1 student to a brand-new school on the bus without his name prominently displayed so that we could figure out where to take the poor little darling?

3. Starista

Starista Cohort

Sep 7, 2010

Ohh... the poor little guy!!!

You have earned your angel wings for helping him today. The poor kiddo was probably so scared and not sure what was going on.

I am so glad you found out where he belongs!

4. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Sep 7, 2010

Aw, poor kid. I'm glad that you were able to figure out who he was, though.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 7, 2010

Awww, poor kid. I'm glad the kid had you to help him out.

6. jday129

jday129 Comrade

Sep 7, 2010

We had a girl who speaks no English in the wrong class for half a day last week. Ooops

7. gigi

gigi Groupie

Sep 7, 2010

You were his angel Mrs.C. Do you have any idea how his day went?

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 7, 2010

ESPECIALLY a six year old who needs an epi-pen????

How terrifying!

9. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 7, 2010

I was tied up with some parents at the end of the day today and didn't get to check in on him before he got on the bus. I'll be looking for my new little pal tomorrow morning.

10. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 7, 2010

Exactly.

11. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Sep 7, 2010

Oh my...we had a student who didn't know her last name, or anything else about herself either this morning. She also showed up an hour early (before ANY teachers!) and didn't have a backpack with her. Luckily, we knew which class she belonged in by default-she wasn't wearing the school uniform that's required for grades 1-8, so she had to be in my class. It took over an hour before the director was able to get up to our room to sort it out!

12. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 7, 2010

We had a new student whose parent didn't know where to pick him up after school- you know that panicked deer in the headlights look? Luckily I was on traffic duty and was able to direct her to the right place to get him..we all (students, parents, teachers) will be in the groove soon! :love: