Where's Book It Beginners?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by msj, Nov 10, 2009.

1. msj

msj Companion

Nov 10, 2009

I thought that Book It Beginners started enrollment by now last year, so I searched for the thread discussing the beginning of enrollment last year in this forum. It was dated in Oct. and the link no longer worked. I tried searching for Book It Beginners online, but could not find it (only regular book it).

My kids love Book It every year! Has anyone heard what's going on? I hope Pizza Hut is still offering it.:confused:

3. KarenPreK

KarenPreK Companion

Nov 10, 2009

Last year was the last year for it. They discontinued Book It Beginners.

4. msj

msj Companion

Nov 11, 2009

That is so sad! Was there a reason they decided to end it?

5. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Nov 11, 2009

6. msj

msj Companion

Nov 12, 2009

Dzenna, I tried the link but it didn't work? I'm going to check it out. I also found out that The steakhouse chain "Texas Roadhouse" offers coupons for teachers to give to students that read books, have perfect attendance, or a special achievement for free kid's meals.

7. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Nov 13, 2009

I know. We talked about this a while back, so I did a forum search, BookIT!, and found the thread. I was able to bring up the link from that thread, but when I cut and pasted it here, it wouldn't work. :dizzy: You can get to it from the old thread.

I signed up with that link quite a while ago and haven't heard anything since.

8. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2009

I'm very confused.
    I seem to remember signing up for the new program (R. E. D. Zone)because I heard that BOOK It Beginner had been cancelled, but now I'm not so sure. Seems like it's just the name that's been changed.

The new program is endorsed by Pizza Hut (that's why it's so confusing!!), so why the name change? :dizzy:

Anyhow; you can signup here for the new program, but it's too late to do anything for the 2009/2010 year. :dizzy:

http://www.bookitbeginners.com/redzone/index.asp

9. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Nov 13, 2009

Sandra- I spoke with someone regarding this. BookIT! has been canceled and replaced with RED (read every day). The program will be different, but I don't really know how.

It may not be too late to sign up. Last year, I didn't get my BookIT materials. I was dropped because I used my home address as my mailing address. I called after January and still got my materials. It's worth a try.

10. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2009

Thank you, Dzenna. Wonder if there's a phone number to call?
    I logged onto the site I gave and signed up again; here's hoping that we'll get information anyhow.

11. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Nov 13, 2009

Last year people starting posting when they got their BOOKIT! materials, lets all do the same if/when we hear from RED Zone.

12. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Nov 14, 2009

good idea, Dzenna.