Where/With whom to eat lunch

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Joelg1980, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Feb 14, 2010

We don't have a lounge. It's either the cafeteria or the classrooms. So, considering that we get 25 minutes, including travel time to & from the cafeteria, if I actually want time to inhale food, I eat in the cafeteria.

I don't, however, eat with the kids. They nee a break from us as much as we need a break from them. The teachers eat together at a separate table.

2. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Feb 16, 2010

Our "lounge" is a fridge, microwave, drink machine etc with a table that seats about 7. I have eaten at the table for about
    25 years. I ate with the K teacher at 1030am almost 15 years.
    Its changed over the years. On Fridays now they bring in stuff for soup and throw it in a crock pot. Not a nest of negative nellies in there.

3. hatima

hatima Devotee

Feb 18, 2010

I eat in the lounge most of the time. I like talking and eating with my colleagues. It makes the day better. (the lounge is not what I'd call welcoming, it is cold and lifeless. But I hate eating in my room even more. I do need the break and will occasionally lock myself in my room with lights off and blinds down. I don't answer the door and take my lunch.)

4. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Feb 21, 2010

I eat in my classroom with a few other teachers. I don't like the "open" feeling of our particular teacher's lounge. Too many people strolling in and out and misinterpreting what is said, or trying to start something, or complaining, or whatever. I like to eat lunch in peace with a few close friends.

5. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Feb 21, 2010

:yeahthat:

6. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Feb 22, 2010

When I sub the only choice I have is to eat lunch in the lunchroom with the kids!! We have to monitor our kids behavior at lunch too. Depending on the school I can either sit with other teachers where I can see the kids from the side or I have to sit in a teacher folding chair in front of the table my students for that day are at.