Where to get stamp pads?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by TeacherGrl7, Feb 12, 2008.

1. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Feb 12, 2008

I need ink pads... I just realized that I have all these cute Valentines Day stamps but no ink pads...duh!! We have a few from our supplies from September but they are mostly disgusting. Where do I buy ink pads? I looked in Michaels and Target but neither place had anything. The stamps are the size of my palm. I know I can get them from Oriental Trading but I dont have time to wait for them to get to me. Teacher supply stores seem like they would be expensive...would they? Or are their prices on par? Thanks!

3. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Feb 12, 2008

The Michael's by me has a large selection of stamping supplies. That's where I get all of my stamp pads. Do you need extra large ones or something? Also, just about any office supply will have your standard blue, black, and red.

If you have a scrapbooking store nearby, they will also usually have stamp pads, but they would be more expensive there.

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Feb 12, 2008

I've seen them at craft stores like Michael's and at the dollar stores in the teacher or craft sections.

5. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Feb 12, 2008

I get them an Michaels.. they are in the scrapbooking section. Get the washable ones. The regular ones from the office supply store stain clothes and won't wash out. Washable ink pads, are however, expensive.

6. cmw

cmw Groupie

Feb 12, 2008

Walmart in the craft dept., Holcombs teaching store, Joann Fabrics :D

7. bcblue

bcblue Comrade

Feb 12, 2008

also Toys R Us--I order them from a catalogue if there's time, but if not I'd probably end up going to Staples or AC Moore

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 13, 2008

Stamping is BIG- look in Michaels, AC Moore, any store with a crafting dept. Look in the scrapbooking and card making departments. Usually a BIG aisle of stamping stuff there.

9. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Feb 13, 2008

Wal-Mart, Target, Hobby Lobby, any education store. If you do Hobby Lobby, go to their website first. Print off the 40% coupon to take with you.

10. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Feb 13, 2008

I use the kind from the office supply stores. Yes, the ink lasts forever on my fingers but I can buy refills of the ordinary colors like black, blue, green and red. I never let students use them so I don't feel bad that they aren't washable.

11. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Feb 13, 2008

If you want red, they have them in the office supplies of most department stores. You can get red and black at most.