Where to get cheap sticky notes

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by 4myclass, Jun 14, 2009.

1. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Jun 14, 2009

I just went to a workshop where they showed the students using sticky notes to write about their reading and they used a lot of sticky notes. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get some for a cheap price or even better free?

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jun 14, 2009

Thank you for asking. I have forgotten the name of the website and I know someone will chime in and remember. There is a website where can sign up for all kinds of sample products through the mail for free. Post-it has a good sample kit. Who remembers the name of that addicting website?! I switched my tampon brands just because of a sample I received and liked through this.

4. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Jun 14, 2009

i have kids use sticky notes, but I don't buy the cheap ones because the wind up not sticking to anything.

I ask parents to donate and have had good experience with that. I also do that to get glitter pens and other fun things to write with for the kids. If you explain that it is for the kids use parents tend to be good about sending them.

5. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jun 14, 2009

We include them on our supply list for the kids.

6. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jun 14, 2009

There is a sticky notes glue stick that I bought at Staples that will allow me to make my own sticky notes. I haven't tried it yet though. I usually just buy Post-Its when they are on sale at Staples.

7. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

Jun 14, 2009

My step-dad is a farmer and gets lots for me at the big farmer conventions. You know how they give key chains, pens, notepads, calendars, and sticky notes at fairs and such. They make great treasure box items too!

8. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Jun 14, 2009

My school doesn't have students bring supplies. They are provided. I don't know if it is because we are a title 1 school or because we are a community school or some other reason. But I can put it on my wish list.

9. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jun 14, 2009

Target had really cute lightbulb post-its in their dollar section last summer. I used them for my KWL charts-sooo cute. Maybe they'll be back this year?

10. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Jun 14, 2009

I was in major need of some post-its about a month ago, and luckily costco had a coupon for them. I got a pack of 24 for about 8 dollars...or maybe even less.

11. kidsr#1

kidsr#1 Companion

Jun 14, 2009

I use school money to order sticky notes through School Specialty. I usually get the Highland brand because they are cheaper. I get the smaller size rectangle ones. i usually have my kids write down unknown words on the notes and stick them to that page in their reading. Highland also sells larger ones too. website... www.schoolspecialty.com

12. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Jun 14, 2009

We too ask for them on our supply list. My school is almost 100% free- and reduced lunch, and I would say that at least 3/4 of our students bring them. Usually you can find them on sale during back-to-school, too.

13. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Jun 14, 2009

The Dollar Tree has them 3 for $1.00 in a pack! I always go there when I run short. I will definately add those on the kids' school supply list next year though, we use the "workshop model" and we go through post-its like water!

14. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jun 14, 2009

http://www.mysavings.com/free-product-samples-section/
    is this what you were thinking of?

15. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Jun 14, 2009

Great site, but I couldn't find any post-it notes. I did find a lot of other items I could use. Thanks

16. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

Jun 14, 2009

Some cheap brands are quite good enough, stickiness-wise.
    I just keep my eyes peeled for sales at Staples and other office supply stores. Staples had a great sale on post-its a few weeks ago but I missed it :-(

17. Druin

Druin Rookie

Jun 15, 2009

If you know any doctors or drug reps, they usually have LOTS of them. I have packs and packs that my dad used to bring home when he volunteered at our hospital back home. The drug reps knew I was a teacher so they would send him home with pens, pads, highlighters, etc.

18. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

Jun 15, 2009

I got colorful Staples Stickies on sale this week 12 for $4. Not dirt cheap but usually the 12/pack is $13.

19. carlea

carlea Comrade

Jun 17, 2009

I provided the first pad to my students (from office supply store) and then asked parents to donate. Many of my students transitioned to notebooks by the 3rd month of school, so we didn't need as many post-its. The notebooks I provided - got them at Walmart for 5 cents each during their sale.