Where should our school be looking for Guides?

Discussion in 'Montessori' started by allietx, Jul 22, 2007.

1. allietx

allietx New Member

Jul 22, 2007

Fall is almost here and we are still looking for the right person for our lead Primary Guide. We have written to some Montessori Training Centers and talked with some of our network contacts in the area. Anyone have any other ideas of where we should be posting?? Or things we should add to the posting?
    TIA!!!
    -Allie

This is our post:

--------------------
    Live Oak Community Montessori is a small Montessori school located near Lake Travis in Austin. Set on two beautiful acres, the campus includes a nature trail, greenhouse, gardens planted by the children, and Montessori classrooms. Our school serves a close-knit community of families who are interested in continuing their children’s AMS primary education into the elementary years. We are seeking a primary guide for the 2007–08 school year and beyond to join our dynamic and talented lower elementary guide/director and an apprentice guide.

Live Oak Community Montessori offers
    • low teacher-to-student ratio
    • small class sizes (8–12 students per class)
    • part-time teaching schedule (4 days per week)
    • flexible hours
    • peace education training and continuing education
    • paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
    • tuition reduction and/or waivers for your children to attend LOCM
    • a beautiful environment and strong community support

We are looking for individuals who
    • are creative, resourceful, and nurturing
    • have that special connection with children
    • value each child’s unique personality and gifts to the community
    • are passionate about peace education, community building, and nature appreciation
    • want to work with committed families to build a strong community-minded school
    • have or are in the process of obtaining Montessori training and/or classroom experience

Candidates who would be a good fit for our program will be interested in joining our community effort to educate our children in peace education, community service, strong academics, and natural studies. Letters of inquiry should include information about qualifications, experience, and compensation requirements as well as any questions.

This is a very special opportunity for the right person!

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 23, 2007

Universities, colleges, and community colleges usually have a career services office, so you might want to call them.

You can look into advertising in local magazines for job seekers and families.

4. Pattypoo

Pattypoo Comrade

Jul 25, 2007

My school tends to look within their community. A lot of our teachers are parents or former parents that started out as subs. Our school also offered to pay for their training. They just needed to sign a contract to work a certain amount of time before quitting. If they did quit before then they paid back the tuition for their training.

5. kellymontessori

kellymontessori Rookie

Jul 29, 2007

I just graduated from an AMI program in Dallas- I'm in FL but know lots of TX Montessorians. Email me privately and I'll send it out to a couple amazing women I know. It is a little late in the year, but who knows.

Kelly

6. allietx

allietx New Member

Aug 4, 2007

Thank you so much, Kelly!! I sent you a PM last night.

I was at the Houston Montessori Training Center yesterday to meet with our intern/Assistant Guide-- she is so lovely and excited. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I can find a wonderful Lead Guide as well!!!!

-Allie

7. kellymontessori

kellymontessori Rookie

Aug 4, 2007

good luck!

I was trained over in the AMI training program over in Dallas. I passed your email over to them. Good luck finding a great person to guide the class. That is the most important material you can put in there!

Kelly