Where do you hide your Christmas list??

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Aliceacc, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 1, 2010

Mine's in the back of my plan book.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Nov 1, 2010

In my brain. :lol: I don't really write stuff like that down. I make decisions early on about what I'm buying and then watch for the right price.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 1, 2010

Same here plus I never have many people to buy for anyway.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 1, 2010

I'm sitll in a place where the piles have to look relatively equal on Christmas morning. (I can just hear it now: "Mommy, why does Santa like __ more than me???")

Throw in 2 moms, 6 teachers, a bus driver, 6 nieces/nephews (we buy for anyone under 18) my brother in law, sister in law and their 2 grown daughters, little chatcas for the next door neighbor kids, gifts for my friend and her 3 daughters (like big sisters to my kids) and I forget who else, and it's tricky keeping track.

6. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2010

Haha, Alice! I actually had the small pile on Christmas once when I was in college--and then my mom realized she had left some of my gifts in her closet. :)

7. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Nov 1, 2010

In the draft folder in my e-mail since I've done most of my shopping online!

8. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Nov 1, 2010

Since we are saving money for our first home, my parents aren't allowing us to purchase anything for them. They are also holding off and buying us anything until we buy said home. My whole family is scaling back on gifts this year, and focusing more on the more important things, like just time together. At first I was a bit bummed, I love buying presents for people, I'm excited about this new step my family is taking. My grandma gives us all money, and then we buy our own gifts that she wraps. We want a griddler and the rest we will save. We are printing off wedding pictures for DH's grandparents and putting them in a frame. DH's dad gifted us hotel points for a trip to Nashville before Christmas. So we really don't have a list this year.

I'll probably finish off DH's Everybody Loves Raymond Collection. He has seasons 1-5. I'll get him 6-9 for Christmas. It's nice b/c a lot of them are bundled together two for 19.99.

9. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Nov 1, 2010

I don't write it down-I just remember it.

10. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Nov 1, 2010

It's unfortunate that I don't have to hide my list any more. Alice, enjoy these days.

11. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2010

I am 30 and my mom is still in that place. lol. Just one way I benefit from having a sister 20 years younger than me.

I keep mine on the computer. And I have it as a chart, so I can check off if I ordered it, received it, wrapped it, how much I spent,etc. Closer to christmas, I have to print it for my own sanity. But I don't worry about hiding it with no kids.

I remember my mom has a "book." She was letting us look at it last year, which was pretty funny because she was everything we got for christmas every year, even stocking stuffers, in that thing. So there was a lot of "Oh yeah, I remember that..."

12. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Nov 1, 2010

That book idea is really cute, Silver!

13. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 2, 2010

OH, I do, more than I can say!

I waited a long time for these kids, and I can see them growing way too fast! I'm treasuring all the large and small moments.

My mom used to write her list in shorthand; she had been a secretary before we came along. So even once we found the list, it was of no use to us.

14. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Nov 2, 2010

On my cell phone, password protected! As I think of things I want to get, I add it to the list, since I always have it.

15. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Nov 3, 2010

I have a folder that I keep all my Christmas 'stuff' in-like the list, receipts, recipes I'd like to try at the holidays, etc. No one ever bothered to look in it. I have saved my lists over the years, probably have 15 of them. It is fun to look over and see what I gave people, and so I don't give them the same thing as last year.
    Also, if I buy things after christmas or during the year, I make a note and put it in the folder because I do forget!