where do you buy your clothes????

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by SweetHomeAlabam, Aug 1, 2009.

1. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Aug 2, 2009

I think Maurice's is associated with Dress Barn. I hope the stuff in it is just as cute. We are getting one here soon!

2. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 2, 2009

It is pretty expensive. I buy off the sale rack. Now that I know how it fits, I buy a lot of stuff online-look in the sale section. Once you've spent $300 total there (and it doesn't have to be all at once), you become a member of their black book club. Then you get 5% off every time you buy something, and you get free shipping online. They also email coupons- $25 off $125 and $50 off a $200 purchase. I just bought two pairs of pants- one for $23 and the other for $30 and a few dresses for around $45 each. The dresses are normally around $150-$200, so the sales can be pretty good. I would never buy one full price! I haven't bought any shirts though-I don't really like how most of them look.

3. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Aug 2, 2009

Macy's, Gap, Target, Old Navy... Banana Republic Outlet is another great store. I got 3 pairs of dress pants (grey, black, brown) for $30 each (1/2 off!) and a black cardigan for $25 (1/2 off!) back in June when I was on vacation in Florida. I'm going to the local outlets on Tuesday to see if I can find anymore stuff before school starts. :)

4. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 2, 2009

I LOVE Black & White's jeans. Two of my favorite pairs ever have been from there, and both were on the clearance rack-$20 each, maybe?

I love looking at Soft Surrounding's site, but I've never gotten anything. It always looks so cozy.

And believe it or not, Victoria's Secret has some nice clothes that aren't too sexy. I use to get some really nice sweaters and tops off their site as well.

5. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Aug 2, 2009

Marshall's, Dress Barn, TJ Maxx, Belk, Lane Bryant (some), Dillard's sale racks, JC Penney, wherever I can afford them!

6. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Aug 3, 2009

Kohls,Target, Wal-Mart, JCPenny's, thrift stores,garage sales, Cabela's Bargain Cave(online), Fashion Bug.
    I like inexpensive, comfortable clothing. The label or price tag on my clothing doesn't mean much to me. I want to look clean and presentable.

7. Enthusiastic5

Enthusiastic5 Rookie

Aug 3, 2009

Being a male teacher, I buy most of my clothes from Express Men, Banana Republic and occasional MACY's sales. I am still the only male teacher in my school who wears a dress shirt and tie.............and I do everyday. My students in my student teaching position reacted very positively to it. (This is my first full year)

8. noreenk

noreenk Cohort

Aug 3, 2009

Macy's, Banana Republic (outlet!), Gap, Express (editor pants are my fave), Kohl's, Old Navy, and Limited... I have a hard time finding jeans that don't ride too low, so I tend to lean toward denim trousers. I teach 5th and wear dresses/heels a LOT... no need to iron and it separates me from my students since they're usually taller than me :)

9. Miss84

Miss84 Comrade

Aug 3, 2009

Charlotte Russe, Old Navy, Forever 21, ROSS (love this place), Kohls are the stores I most frequent for "work" clothes.

10. Irma

Irma Companion

Aug 3, 2009

I had just found the PERFECT pair of pants and Gap and bought a few pairs in black and went back and they're GONE! Went online and no luck. Now I have to do the search because I have no khaki....it's crazy that I have to spend so much time searching. Right now, it seems as though there is nothing. The summer pants are too short and the fall pant selection is minimal. I hate the transition periods.

11. Miss J. Pre-K

Miss J. Pre-K Comrade

Aug 3, 2009

I'm plus-sized as well. I would definitely try Lane Bryant if it's something you're going to wear more than once. I haven't seen any suits at Catos, and Catherine's has the old lady clothes. Hmm, I keep hearing about Ross. Maybe I'll have to take the drive to check it out.

12. Miss J. Pre-K

Miss J. Pre-K Comrade

Aug 3, 2009

I'm plus-sized, so my stores are different from a lot of other posters.
    I try: Catos, Burke's (an outlet like Ross), Old Navy (bigger sizes are online), Torrid (sometimes, some is not school-appropriate), sometimes K-Mart or Walmart, sometimes Goodwill. I've heard good thing about Fashion Bug and Ross, but haven't tried them yet.

I just can't see shelling out big bucks for clothes that might get ruined with little kid substances, but I like to look nice.

13. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Aug 3, 2009

I can totally relate to that! :lol:

14. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Aug 3, 2009

No, I haven't ordered shoes from them, but I wouldn't have any hesitation to do so. Their quality is great, the clothes I have purchased are sized correctly, and their return policy is easy if something has to go back.

My shoes, lately, have come from FootSmart.com They had some really nice pumps with a 1 1/2" heel on sale this morning, so I got 2 pair.

15. cmw

cmw Groupie

Aug 3, 2009

Kohls (great prices & professional looks) & Maurices. :thumb:

16. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 3, 2009

Kohls, especially their sale stuff. I rarely pay full price for anything but shoes, so I'll shop anywhere.