Where did you meet your spouse?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Brendan, Aug 25, 2007.

1. iluvteachin

iluvteachin Rookie

Aug 27, 2007

he was my orientation leader in college - I was only 17 while he was 23, so while we "clicked" we didn't start dating until 2 years later, but that only lasted a week. 2 MORE years later, we started working together... both recently out of relationships, all we did was flirt. took a snowboarding trip together with a mutual friend and the rest is history.. married a year and half thus far! :)

2. shantroy

shantroy Rookie

Aug 28, 2007

Warning - this is a long story.

A bunch of my guy friends were hanging out at a pub and one gave me a call and begged me to join them, (apparently the saugage fest wasn't going as planned). I finally gave in after I was promised several free drinks, I swear I'm not a lush!

I somehow or another my bf and I wound up talking, which was weird coz I though he was a jacka$$ (I still occasionally think this but now it's more of an endearing trait). I went back to his place at the end of the night and promptly fell asleep on his couch! We didn't talk for a few weeks, ran into eachother at a mutually friends bday (found out later that this as orcharstaited(sp) by a mutal friend) and stated hanging out. He dumped me 2 months later, (a week after my bday -jerk!), but we remained close friends. 8 weeks later he cut his christmas visit home to his family short, so he could pick me up at the airport to tell me how he needed me in his life as more than a friend. I told him to forget it. 24hrs later I had changed my mind. We've been together since boxing day (or the day after xmas to you americans;) )

Now our friends are taking bets as to when we'll get engaged .

3. mitten

mitten Rookie

Aug 28, 2007

We met in 8th grade at a mutual friend's birthday party. He was "going out" with a girl I knew, so I hung out with them for most of the party. By the end of the night we were having a jell-o eating contest (I despise jell-o). That night when my mom picked me up I told her I met the boy I was going to marry. However, I didn't remember his name. A few weeks later he found my e-mail address through an on-line chat program that was run through the local school districts. We e-mailed each other...and e-mailed each other...and e-mailed each other and saw each other sporadically because we went to rival high schools. I had boyfriends and he had girlfriends. We watched a few movies together in between and did some hand-holding. :love: By 11th grade I finally had some sense knocked into me and we broke up with our significant others and started dating. We only had one little break-up freshman year of college...and that was to decide if we were in it for the long haul. We've been married over a year and just celebrated our 7 year anniversary of saying "I love you."

Side note: He now teaches 8th grade and we always tease the kids that they might be sitting next to the person they're going to marry. :)

4. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Aug 28, 2007

This seems like a good place to ask.

I have a question a couple years back I connected with my first love (High School sweetheart) just a hello and finding out how our lives were going.

I told her she was my first love and my first broken heart (both necessary for the full attainment of manhood)

She kept apologizing for breaking my heart. I kept saying every man needs his heart broken but I will never forget the love, caring and intimatecy we shared as High School sweethearts (Listen to me, I must be a Renascence man) but she could not get over the broken heart.
    I tried to tell her that there will always be a special place in my heart for her. (Just as I have special places for all but one of my EX wives and another special Girl friend I had in my life.)

Why did she become so hung up on the broken heart and not the love, caring and intimatecy we shared as High School sweethearts?