Where did you meet your hubby?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by njeledteacher, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 22, 2007

Hey don't knock the minimum wage guy....isn't it going up to $7 or 8 bucks soon?? I'm looking for a part time job myself!!!

2. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 22, 2007

who can refuse grandma's homemade cookies??

Hey, and you got a new twist to this thread!!!

I make more than my hubby, and we are doing just fine!!! ;)

3. Mommyof2xys

Mommyof2xys Rookie

Jul 22, 2007

My husband and I met, if you can believe it, through his mother! I was teaching kindergarten at this school and she was the school counselor. We almost didn't meet because I was leaving the school for another job, in another county. She told me like 2 days before I was to leave that she wanted me to meet her son. I agreed. The funniest thing was that I really did not know the counselor that well outside of school. I did not even know that she had kids, but she was a nice person.

We have been together 4 years, married 2 and have 2 wonderful boys! So as the say, the rest is history!!:)

4. gmer22

gmer22 Rookie

Jul 22, 2007

I met my fiancee years and years ago my parents and his parents have been family friends since before they were even married. My dad and his dad played in a christian salsa band and my fiancee played trumpet there. I began going to there concerts and church events we eventually hooked up. We have been together for 6 years now and will be getting married next MAY. I am super excited.

5. teachder

teachder Companion

Jul 24, 2007

I am in the same boat...let's network! I live in seattle- anyone know any single guys out here?

6. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 24, 2007

who aren't ex-cons, drug addicts, still living with their mother, no car, able to pay bills without two part time jobs or really gay - just looking??

7. NewbieTeachr

NewbieTeachr Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

I met my husband my Junior year in college. I had just moved to a new school and had begun my first class on the first day of school. He asked me to help him move a table and I noticed his unique "Barrel of Monkeys" shirt. We found that we had more classes in common and became study partners. 2 months exactly after we met, he asked me out (I said yes the next day :). A little less than 10 months later he proposed. We just celebrated our 1st anniversary.

I didn't go to school looking or even thinking about meeting my husband but it happened. It can happen when you least expect it!