Where can I find something similar?

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by 1stYearTeacher, Jul 11, 2007.

1. 1stYearTeacher

1stYearTeacher Companion

Jul 11, 2007

Where can I find a storage unit similar to this but cheaper? I am not a teacher yet but hope to have a job for this fall and really like this storage system. There is all different heights, widths and colors to chose from but I don't want to spend that much money. Am I being to picky and is this actually a good buy? Should I spend the money anyways or is their cheaper out there?

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=110970&RN=538&BTSMode=true

3. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jul 11, 2007

I've seen them at Target and Walmart, but I don't remember how much they were. If it were me, I'd go for plastic storage drawers, not canvas. Whatever you purchase, you want it to last for years and I can't imagine how dirty the canvas would get. You can always clean the plastic ones with lysol wipes, but I wouldn't know how to clean the canvas ones unless they come apart and you can throw them in the wash. JMO.

4. 1stYearTeacher

1stYearTeacher Companion

Jul 11, 2007

I am afraid of buying plastic because I've seen many cracked containers in classrooms. I figured fabric would be good because I could just wash them.

5. I want to TEACH

I want to TEACH Companion

Jul 11, 2007

My suggestion is .....DON'T do the fabric!!! It will wear way more than the plastic. Plastic is cheaper and much more durable in the classroom.

6. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Jul 11, 2007

If you have an Ikea near you, go and check out their storage options. Often their stuff looks very modern and is very reasonably priced.

7. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Jul 11, 2007

Don't forget you can get 6.00 off if you use one of those 20% coupons that flood mailboxes all thetime.;)

8. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jul 11, 2007

You can usually ask and they will take the 20% off without a coupon. Also, even though the coupons have an expiration date, they will always honor them, so keep one in your purse at all times!

9. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 11, 2007

My concern with the fabric is that it might sag with too much weight on it.