Where are the jobs?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Aliceacc, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Counz2BLiz

Counz2BLiz Rookie

Feb 14, 2007

Best place to search for CA jobs!

http://www.edjoin.org/index.aspx

This is a wb site for all teaching jobs throughout CA. It is updated daily and I highly suggest this one. I also notice not all jobs are posted here so I check my local high school and county websites just in case. There are so many posted from all over that it is exciting to see the opportunity.

Good luck to all who are seeking,
    Liz

2. deserttrumpet

deserttrumpet Comrade

Feb 14, 2007

Phoenix Arizona – especially western Phoenix area is growing rapidly and in need of teachers. Also, other parts of Arizona are in desperate need for qualified teachers. I am teaching in northern Arizona in the mountains. Arizona high country is very pretty and is not desert (just the other week we had a snow day!). As an added bonus, when we feel like warming up the desert is only a short drive away.

3. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Feb 22, 2007

was just reading an article in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that stated the population of my county is projected to go from 62,000 to 160,000 by 2030. Most of the counties around here are going to increase dramatically also.

The link for our school system is www.newtoncountyschools.org

The link for all Georgia schools is www.teachgeorgia.org

4. Kathy9

Kathy9 Rookie

Feb 22, 2007

Houston, TX is divided up into MANY different districts. I can only speak of Aldine, which is my district... I know that they are so desperate for teachers that they are actively recruiting in various countries: Canada, Germany, Russia.... They are also touring all over the US to other states. In fact, I was interviewed in Alabama and moved to Texas just for the job. I have been here 6 years now. :)

5. up4achallenge

up4achallenge Rookie

Feb 22, 2007

Although the Phoenix area is looking for teachers, I am told by the local districts that there are now plenty of applicants for the available jobs. At least at the Elementry level. If you are Spec Ed Certified or Math/Science at the high school level you can still pretty much write your own ticket.

Clark County (Las Vegas) is still hurting for teachers. Probably one of the reasons is all of the hoops they make one jump though before you can get an interview. Then, when you finally get one it is for the entire county (which is HUGE) so you are not 100% certain where you will end up!!

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 5, 2007

Timt to bump this thread! Anyone have any new info on openings?

7. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

May 5, 2007

Projections for student numbers have gone up here for next school year so we are still looking for teachers to start in July.

8. Counz2BLiz

Counz2BLiz Rookie

May 5, 2007

CA jobs for elementary school teachers. Julien School has about 6 openings. MOve quick as they will go quick. This is a nice school. If you have questions PM or it may be on EdJoin under Stanislaus schools.

Liz

9. Miss

Miss Rookie

May 5, 2007

10. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

May 5, 2007

I've been checking through the job openings link on the application, and none are coming up as "future vacancy" yet. The first two links didn't work for me, but the third did. How many of those do you think are actual jobs? CPS is frustrating sometimes!

11. chebeau

chebeau New Member

May 5, 2007

Georgia definitely has jobs. I put my application in a few systems and have had 20+ requests for interviews. I have interviewed at four schools and had four offers. No decisions yet, but I was amazed.

Tennessee has jobs as well depending on the area. There are more jobs in urban areas such as Nashville, Chattanooga, & Memphis.

12. meatball77

meatball77 Comrade

May 5, 2007

Killeen TX hires hundreds of teachers yearly. I worked for them a couple years ago. It's a great place to live if you're a single woman.

killeenisd.org

Now we just moved to MI and the job outlook here is terrible. Not as bad for me as a music teacher, but bad.

13. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

May 6, 2007

Which county are you in MelissainGA? I know you have shared that before, but I have forgotten, please feel free to PM. :thanks:

14. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

May 6, 2007

Great News, so glad to hear!:)

15. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

May 7, 2007

If you check the "E-bullitian" out on Wednesdays on the the CPS website it has future vacancies listed in blue and the others listed in red/black.

16. Amers

Amers Cohort

May 7, 2007

I don't think this site has been posted yet:

http://www.reap.net

Go to the "Teachers" link and look for your state. I know at least Missouri, Texas, and Connecticut are on there. I'm sure there a lot more. A lot of districts post openings on there. You can also fill out an application on-line and submit it electronically to districts with openings you're interested in (at least you can in MO). Good Luck!!

17. jmeln

jmeln New Member

May 7, 2007

I teach in Glendale, in Los Angeles county, and I know that LAUSD is ALWAYS in need of teachers. And reinterating what many have already said, math, science, and SpEd are ALWAYS needed everywhere. Here's a question: Does anyone know if there is a need for elementary teachers in Colorado? Particularly in the Denver area?

18. Mrs.Rhinochunks

Mrs.Rhinochunks Companion

May 7, 2007

I have been hired to teach next year in Yuma, AZ. If you Google "Teach Arizona" you will be directed to the state's jobs board. There are A LOT of jobs available in the western region and the southern region.

The pay is average and the cost of living is a little lower than average.

19. meatball77

meatball77 Comrade

May 8, 2007

Colorado is one of the areas where there isn't a need for teachers. There isn't a huge over abundance though.

The weird thing about colorado (at least the districts I worked in) is that they hire all their new teachers in July and give them temporary contracts and then make them re-interview for their jobs the next year. So, you could be interviewing for a position that is already filled.

20. Research_Parent

Research_Parent Cohort

May 8, 2007

While AZ is not extremely hurting for teachers (thanks to alternate certification methods and lower substitute teaching requirements), there are always plenty of positions to fill and the applicant pool is always too small.

Here's one of the best sites to see all the jobs from the smaller school districts...
    http://www.arizonaeducationjobs.com/

Then, there are the huge school districts, such as Deer Valley which have their own websites...
    http://www.dvusd.org/employment.htm

over 250 certified positions needing to be filled for next year.

21. jmeln

jmeln New Member

May 8, 2007

Thanks for the info. That's weird that they re-interview. Maybe I should just keep the job I have.

22. teacheragz

teacheragz Rookie

May 9, 2007

Don't even think about Florida. Especially Northeast FL. They are surplusing teachers all over the place. Very frustrating. I am a career change teacher and one of the many things that attracted me to this profession other than my life long dream was the "shortage". I was thinking job security. Not so much.

Let's all cross our fingers!

This is a great thread.