When to hand out the review

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Camel13, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Camel13

Camel13 Companion

Dec 16, 2018

As I enter Winter Break next week and start composing this year's review and exams, I am faced with a question for when we go back of when to hand out the exam review. We have a full two weeks off, so when we return we have a full week of school and two days before semester exams. Last year, I had planned to hand out reviews the Thursday before exam week, but we had a snow storm with no delay for exams. Therefore, students received the review with only two days prior to the first exam. I don't want a repeat of that, so I was thinking of handing out the review the Monday we get back, and leave the last two days before exams to go over questions students have, or are struggling with. My only thought is that students will lose the review or not do it until the last minute anyway, and then I am re-printing them all.

I should probably clarify that I teach science for 7th through 11th grade and they all have exams....

3. TrademarkTer

TrademarkTer Groupie

Dec 16, 2018

I would hand it out the same time you did last year, but post it online earlier for those who want early access. If you give it out too early, like you said, they lose it OR they do it all too early and are sitting in class with nothing to do. And I wouldn't dream of reprinting. If a kid loses it, they can get it online if they want another copy.

4. geoteacher

geoteacher Habitué

Dec 16, 2018

I always post online/email for those who want to get a head start. Everyone else gets the review when it works with my plans.