This is my first full time teaching position. Things didn't go very well for me at my current school. Basically, things didn't turn out to be the same as was described to me during the interview. Also teamwork to them means doing whatever one designated team member decides we're going to do in terms of HW, tests, labs, planning, activities, discussions, notes, etc. The school is top notch and the pay is great, but I'm unhappy and want to leave. I applied to another great school across country back where I came from, interviewed and they offered me the position and matched the pay. Now I'm not sure when I should be giving notice to my current school. Technically asap, because they need to interview my replacement. However, since I'm new to this, I don't know if my last paycheck will be at the end of the school year (end of May) as a result or end of summer. I feel that I deserve to be paid through the summer, since this is what would have happened, had I decided to stay with them - I worked hard for it all throughout the year. An alternative (which I think would be immoral to do) is that I don't give notice until midway through the summer, in which case I get paid and they scramble to find a replacement once I give my notice. They also have me tied up by the contract I signed which states that I'd have to pay back the placement fee they paid to CS&A as well as the relocation money they gave me (7K), if I leave at the end of my first school year. Is this something I can negotiate upon leaving? I feel like I'm either forced to stay another year at my current school because I can't afford to leave it, or I can do the immoral and put them in a difficult situation by giving a late notice. The latter choice probably means I cannot use them as references for future jobs. If you would kindly give me your insights, I would be grateful.