when to call back after an interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by excite, Sep 30, 2008.

1. excite

excite Rookie

Sep 30, 2008

Hi all! I had an interview this past Friday and I'm not sure when I should call the principal to see if she has made a decision. My interview went really well and she even asked me for a reference sheet at the end. I have never been asked for references at a first interview before, so is that a good sign?? She said the next step is to have an interview with the superintendent and he will make the final decision.

I was waiting by the phone yesterday, but noone called and today is a holiday so I have to wait even longer! Do you think if they don't call tomorrow that I should give them a call on Thursday? or is that too early? I have no idea. The principal did say that they wanted to make a decision by this week, so I'm just really nervous. :help:

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 30, 2008

Schools on LI are closed again tomorrow for the Jewish Holy Days. I think I would probably hold off until Friday.

Good luck!!

4. SuperSide

SuperSide Rookie

Sep 30, 2008

Did you ask them when they would be getting back to you? I think it is acceptable to call them the day after that set day to check on the "status of your application".

5. excite

excite Rookie

Oct 1, 2008

Thanks guys!! The principal said she wanted to make a decision by this week. They had yesterday off and came back to school today. So I'm thinking I'll call either Thursday afternoon or Friday morning if I don't hear anything back. I really want this position, since it's so hard to get a job or even an interview in the NJ/NYC area.