When should I start to send out applications?

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by blondierox4u, Jan 7, 2007.

1. blondierox4u

blondierox4u Rookie

Jan 7, 2007

I am currently teaching and I am listed as a long term sub for the whole year but I'm contracted and they pretty much think the girl will not come back next year but the only thing is I don't want to stay there next year its a least a 60min drive for me and I want to apply much closer to home....when do you think I should start sending out applications???and do you think I have a better chance at getting a job with a whole year of experience???? let me know...I'm located in PA

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 8, 2007

I would say end of Feb, early March.

And, yes, I would think that a year or two of experience makes you more marketable. They figure you have the management thing under control, but you're still affordable for them to hire.

4. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2007

I heard now was the time to apply for next year. I also heard that it's kind of first come first served as far as pulling applications for an interview. I'm sure they will keep pulling applications until they find who they feel is right for the job, but if you are one of the first interviewed it can't hurt. What does everyone else think.

5. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jan 24, 2007

Now!!!! Do it as soon as you can.... then wait a while and follow up... be aggressive. Don't wait for them, go to them. Good Luck.