When should I send the newsletter?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Taliesin, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Taliesin

Taliesin Rookie

Sep 5, 2008

I'm switching from a daily newsletter to a weekly newsletter this year. I'm going to have our current theme, Bible story, upcoming events, general reminders, and highlighted activities.

I am wondering if I should send the newsletter home on Friday and write about we DID for the past week or if I should send it home on Monday and write what we WILL DO for the coming week. Any thoughts?

3. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Sep 5, 2008

I send home a weekly newsletter on Friday stating what we are going to do for the upcoming week.

4. K3 teacher

K3 teacher Companion

Sep 5, 2008

Mine goes home on Friday - mostly what we did and little about upcoming activities

5. Maxadoodle

Maxadoodle Comrade

Sep 5, 2008

I send it at the end of the week (Thursday). I also try to include a couple of photos and clip art to catch the parents eye.

6. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 5, 2008

Hi there,
    I send mine out every Friday. I include our upcoming Bible lesson & Memorization for the following week (so parents can help out at home); and highlights of the week we just finished, also, General reminders and upcoming events too. I also like to use clipart to jazz up the newsletter.
    This is actually my first year to do an actual Newsletter; the past years I have been writing a Letter to Parents. Because, this is new for me; it's timeconsuming (I try to do a little each night), but I LOVE the look.

7. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Sep 5, 2008

I enjoy informing the families (they aren't always parents) of what we "have done" using pictures and quotes. This is more on point I feel for my crew than they other way, and I have great success w/families reading the info.

The newsletters do include upcoming info and ideas. We run this way to allow for the emergent ideas in our program. If we were only discussing what we "will do" this wouldn't reflect our values as well. IMO.

8. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Sep 5, 2008

Ours goes out on Friday and writes about what we did. THat way if things change, nothing is inaccurate.

9. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Sep 5, 2008

I woul say Friday with an overview of what you did that week and an introduction to what you will be doing the following week. Do you also give the parents a calendar showing what you have planned for each day? We are required to-- but we do it monthly and we also have dry erase boards outside our classrooms where we are required to write a brief overview of what we did each day

10. Prekfreak

Prekfreak Rookie

Sep 5, 2008

We send ours out on Thursday (school rules). Mine includes what they did, skills that were covered, what we are doing the next week, upcoming events, speical things to do at home, and anything else that needs to be known.

11. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Sep 6, 2008

I have to do one monthly. Never done it before. Anyone have ideas and/or a template they can share?