When should I send emails to the Ps?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by houseofbooks, May 16, 2012.

1. houseofbooks

houseofbooks Companion

May 16, 2012

Hey guys!

The interview on Tuesday went okay, I think. I was a little nervous, but everyone on the panel was nice and asked good questions. I was very prepared to talk to them and feel upbeat about the rest of the hiring season. The interview questions in these forums were an AMAZING help! There's also a part time opening at the school where I student taught so my former mentor teacher is dropping off my resume personally to the P. We'll see if I score an interview.

Now to my (very) random question: I'm leaving on Saturday to go to Italy. This trip has been pre-paid as a treat to myself for finishing graduate school, and might be the last trip I can take with my family. I'll only be gone for 9 days and I'll have an international phone with me at all times. However I'm not sure if I should send mass emails to principals this upcoming Friday (the day before I leave) or next Wednesday on the 29th (the day I come back). It's a bit of a silly question, I know, but I don't want to waste any time of the hiring season. I wouldn't mind being contacted to schedule an interview while I'm overseas at all. At the same time, I don't want to receive a call for an interview but then be informed that the school can't wait until next week to talk to me. I know some schools have very rigid interview schedules in place.

Any advice? Sorry if this question is silly! :thanks:

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 17, 2012

I would send them before you leave.