When should I begin applying?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Schuyler, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Schuyler

Schuyler Comrade

Jan 16, 2007

My career center originally said to start sending out applications late February/early March. They are now saying they can be sent in late January. I don't want to send them so early that they get lost, but I also don't want to miss opportunities. When did you send yours out?

Not sure if it varies by region, but I am from upstate NY. TIA!

3. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jan 16, 2007

I would say you can send you resume out as soon as a position you want is advertised. Some positions advertised in my local paper won't accept applications after Feb. 9.

4. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jan 16, 2007

I don't know about where you are living, but here in Maine, we send out packets once a position is posted.

5. Schuyler

Schuyler Comrade

Jan 16, 2007

I will be sending out applications to all of the districts within an hour's distance from me. I'm in a very tought market for teachers. Most schools get over 800 applicants and interview 5-7! A lot of schools here don't even post their positions (they don't have to, I guess).

6. teach2heart

teach2heart Rookie

Jan 16, 2007

I would check with each district (they usually have an HR email and # posted online) and ask them. I did that last year w/ about 7 districts. Some took them starting Jan. 1st, others February or March, and others not until they have posted positions. They are so varied! Good luck! :)

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 16, 2007