When is it ok to call?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by HOPE-fulTeacher, Jul 14, 2011.

1. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

Jul 14, 2011

This is what I was told at my interview at the end of last week...

They are hiring for 2 positions. If they were confident in both, I'd hear back in "a few days". If they were confident in 1 or none, they'd be going back and interviewing another group of people so it would be longer. That left me under the impression that whether or not I was the one person that they were confident on, I would not be hearing until they were confident on both.

It's been a week and I haven't heard anything yet, leaving me wondering if it's just taking longer for them to decide or if it's turned into the case of they are only confident on 1 person and need to do more interviews.

With that said, when will it be ok to call them and ask about it?

3. shoebottom

shoebottom Companion

Jul 14, 2011

Well I waited 2 weeks before calling back and lost out on the job. I really wanted to work at that school, so next time I will be calling a lot sooner.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jul 14, 2011

Can you send a quick email to the principal? I would give them about 2 weeks before I called though.

5. soleil00

soleil00 Comrade

Jul 14, 2011

I waited two weeks on mine as well, mainly because that's how long the principal told me it would be before they even started making a decision.

6. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

Jul 14, 2011

Thanks for the input! I think I will email the P on Monday. I am hoping to find out where they are in the process and see if they need to do further interviewing (aka if I'll be waiting awhile longer). What's a tactful way to phrase it so I don't seem impatient or pushy??

7. HOPE-fulTeacher

HOPE-fulTeacher Comrade

Jul 15, 2011

(BUMP)

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 16, 2011

I think about a week after you interview w/ them is a good amt of time to wait. If they sound like they need someone right away, call back in about 4-5 days.