When I Grow Up, I Want To Be....

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by cml88, May 2, 2013.

1. cml88

cml88 Companion

May 2, 2013

Ok, so I need your help. We do K graduation at my school & I want my kids to do something that I actually did at my graduation. I was watching my graduation video over the weekend my teacher had each of us say "When I grow up I want to be a ________ so that I can _________". And it was so CUTE! We said the greatest things! Anyways, I loved the idea because it will give each student a chance to shine, plus I think it can be a great laugh too! Anyways...my problem...My class is a bunch of "copy cats", ESPECIALLY when it comes to writing/ideas. So my plan is to initially ask them alone, and once they write it they can work on their drawings as a group. This will be more time consuming than I'd like but oh well...if I don't do it like this i'll have 20 "I want to be a police officer so I can help people". So my question for you...I've saved my community helpers unit for the end of the year so that we can discuss different careers before we do this project. Can you recommend some good read alouds that will help fit this purpose? A few years ago I came across a book that went over tons of occupations (with a fun rhyme). I want my kids to be exposed to a lot of different ideas throughout week, so that they can use these ideas during their project.

3. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

May 2, 2013

I like Quinito's Neighborhood-it's about a boy and the occupations of all his different family members.