When do you start Daily 5?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by VANewbie, Sep 5, 2011.

1. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Sep 5, 2011

The first week of school or the second? I wanted to get my classroom procedures, rules, etc out of the way(during the first week) before I start.

Suggestions?

3. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Sep 5, 2011

I am starting on the first day :) I will also do procedures and whatnot, but I feel that it's such an integral part of my program I want them to start right away.

However, my library is closed so they will only have their book bags. I want to introduce them so that I can have them read when they have a few minutes here or there to spare later in the week.

4. graysea_10

graysea_10 Rookie

Sep 5, 2011

I started on the second or third day. We have been in for two weeks already. I am moving slow with introducing each of the daily five.

5. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Sep 5, 2011

I'm starting right away! I'll take the first 2 days just to get general classroom routines and rules going, and then on the 3rd day I'll do Lesson 1 of the Daily 5. My literacy program is important so I'm not going to wait around.

6. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Sep 5, 2011

Tomorrow is our third day of school, and I will be introducing it then for the first time. I will spend 2 days on the 3 ways to read a book. We will start building stamina this Thursday (if everything goes as planned).

I intended to start I-PICK on the first day of school, review it the second, have them shop for books, and introduce a few CAFE strategies. I didn't get to ANY of those things! We had to do so much reviewing of school behaviors, learning routines, etc.

7. smurfette

smurfette Habitué

Sep 5, 2011

I always started on the first day, since the first days of Daily 5 are all about procedures.

8. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Sep 5, 2011

I just do not know how I will fit it all in. I think I will start with 2 ways to read a book and have the students practice stamina the 2nd day of school. I have too much going on tomorrow.

9. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Sep 5, 2011

I will start first day...which is tomorrow!
    I will begin with 2ways to read a book, then read to self I-chart, 3 minutes stamina, lastly good fit books. All spread out throughout our day.

10. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Sep 6, 2011

We started the second day. Those of you who teach two ways to read a book, which two ways are you teaching?

11. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Sep 6, 2011

I think I started on day 3. So, pretty much immediately.

12. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Sep 6, 2011

I did my lesson on three ways to read a book today and we practiced stamina for 3 minutes. They definitely need to keep up with the stamina practice before I move on!

The last couple of years, they would get in 6+ minutes on the first day. This year we almost didn't get in 3 minutes!

13. Joanieramsey

Joanieramsey New Member

Sep 7, 2011

purchasing mineral makeup.....

Believe it or not, despite the popularity of mineral makeup, it is amazing how many women are still entering into the mineral makeup and natural skincare world for the first time. They have read all the information across the internet super highway, and are still trying to understand the differences between all the many mineral makeup brands available. It is definitely a daunting task to be sure. We have had women searching for as much information as they can find on mineral cosmetics and skincare products, only to locate our site which continually updates and educates about all things such as ingredients, regulations, and the basics to learn how to approach making their first purchase. Of course, there is always going to be a certain level of trial and error, and finding that perfect color match or ingredient profile may take some time. Or they will nail it the first time around and those are the lucky ones. But sampling for a trial period is the norm, and is always the best approach to avoid any potential problems that may arise. Samples are easy, affordable, and allow for a small investment of time and money to make sure the products are performing for a particular skin type or purpose. Ingredient decks are always available with every mineral makeup and skincare product offered, so if there is a concern over a certain ingredient, it can be avoided. And of course, when in doubt, we ask that they write to us or call us so we can answer any questions or concerns they may have.