When do you send home newsletters?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by VANewbie, Sep 3, 2010.

1. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

Sep 3, 2010

On Monday before the week begins updating on the new week or on Friday letting them know how the week went?

Or do you send it on Friday updating on the new week?

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 3, 2010

I don't think we could pull our collective act together in time to have a newsletter ready to send home Friday for the upcoming week!

4. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Sep 3, 2010

I send mine home on Fridays via email. I wait until the kids leave. I just finished my first one (at 8pm). If the parent prefers a printed copy, I send the Friday's copy home on Mondays with the understanding that it was about the previous week.

I like sending it home at the end of the week. I gives me a chance to reflect on what we did all week and how things went. Some weeks I think we didn't do much and then I write a newsletter and realize just how much we accomplished. I always breathe a sign of "grrr" each time I have to sit down and do it because I'm just plum tired, but once I do it, I'm always thankful I did. This year I have to coordinate with my team teacher to do a monthly general newsletter and then we both do our own weekly newsletter. The monthly newsletter is just to satisfy our boss' desire for "teamwork." It's too hard to do a weekly one together without it being too bareboned for me.

5. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Sep 3, 2010

I send home some news and reminders for the week in Monday's homework packets.

Other things, I just send an email whenever I need to.

6. greengables

greengables Rookie

Sep 3, 2010

Mon., to let them know what we're working on that week, activities to do at home to supplement and any dates/reminders coming up.

7. oldfashioned

oldfashioned Comrade

Sep 3, 2010

Ditto. I send my weekly newsletters on Mondays. That way I can work on them over the weekend.

8. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Sep 4, 2010

Friday
    The nearest shopping is 25 miles away, at best, so it allows parents a chance on weekends to get any requests (snacks, supplies, etc).

As a parent, I also appreciate knowing on the weekend so I can plan my week ahead.

9. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Sep 5, 2010

:yeahthat:

10. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Sep 5, 2010

I send my newsletter on Wednesday. I am required to send home Wednesday folders, so that is when I send my newsletters. All school notes go home on that day.

11. meltua

meltua Rookie

Sep 5, 2010

I send them on Friday informing parents of the upcoming week's events and lessons. That way it gives them the weekend to work on spelling and sight words if needed.