When do you see your class list?

Discussion in 'Debate & Marathon Threads Archive' started by MissFroggy, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 3, 2007

We get our class lists today! I am quite excited. How far in advance do you get yours??

School starts for us on Sept. 5.

3. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 3, 2007

I wont get mine til after August 15th, and school starts the 27th. It's a military town and I have to wait for enrollment!

4. TeacherRW

TeacherRW Cohort

Aug 3, 2007

We will hopefully get our class lists on Monday, Aug. 27th... on Tuesday the 28th at 5pm we have a "Meet Your Teacher Night". School starts on the 30th.

5. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Aug 3, 2007

We get ours sometime in the middle of summer along with the principal's letter. So I am guessing in about 2 weeks I will get mine.

6. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Aug 3, 2007

School got out at 2:30 pm on June 8th; my new class list was in my mailbox at 3:30 pm on June 8th.

Kind of a mixed blessing.

7. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Aug 3, 2007

I got to MAKE my class list!!! We created our list after K round up was over!! :) I've known since April!

No guarentees...principal approval, parent requests, registration, etc...but I have had a general idea for quite some time!

8. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Aug 3, 2007

We don't get ours until the Friday before Labor day and school starts the Monday after Labor Day!

9. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 3, 2007

Our teachers got a "tentative" class list the day after the last day of school (a meeting day for us). There will likely be changes over the summer, so another list will be put in boxes on the Thursday before Labour Day and then a "final" (subject to change) list before 7:30 the first day of schoo.

10. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Aug 3, 2007

We got ours about a week after school was out. That was after parent requests too. However, sometimes things change before school starts...new enrollment, people moving, etc.

11. kbunch24

kbunch24 Rookie

Aug 3, 2007

We work closely with the grades below us and above us when making our class lists. We finalized our lists the day after school got out. It's nice to have an idea as to the number of students you will have the following year.

12. CheleOh

CheleOh Rookie

Aug 3, 2007

If we're lucky, a few hours before they're posted the Friday before school starts.

Seems they're always making "last minute" changes, so I don't even put names on anything except for desk name plates (with extras!) until I see the whites of their eyes. :D

Chele :)

13. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Aug 3, 2007

We get our just a few days before school starts.:mad:

14. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 3, 2007

We get ours the day before school starts.

15. Kinderteacher23

Kinderteacher23 Rookie

Aug 3, 2007

I was lucky enough to have my class list in May. I was also lucky enough to make my own class list (sort of). I worked with my two co-workers in K to make the lists for 1st and since I am moving from K to 1st so I know all of the students in my room already.

16. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Aug 3, 2007

Wow - I guess we are lucky in Maine... we do something in June called 'Step-Up' Day... I get my class list the first week in June and then... I meet them for about 45 minutes. They come and we get to see each other and do some activities, etc. It's really awesome. Usually one or two move out and one or two move in - but basically I know and get to meet my new class before school is over.

17. collteach

collteach Comrade

Aug 3, 2007

Ours are in the office just waiting for us to pick them up. We send postcards to our class before the start of school. I will probably pick mine up on Monday.

18. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 3, 2007

I saw my final list today, and am very excited! I have a great group. We do create the lists together with the head of school, the counselor and the other teachers. But the head always has the final say.

Anyway, good luck to everyone! I hope you all have fantastic classes!

19. Beezus

Beezus Cohort

Aug 3, 2007

We get ours about 3 PM on Monday, and Open House starts at 6 PM that same day!:eek:

20. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2007

I got mine a week ago... I called most of my parents today & had 2 disconnections (which is usually a sign they will not be there).

21. goopp

goopp Devotee

Aug 3, 2007

We get ours next Thursday, me have our meet and greet Friday and school starts on Monday the 13th.

22. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Aug 3, 2007

We have Open House starting at 4:30 on the 17, so we'll probably get class lists at 4:25 that day.

23. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2007

My school has something called a "Moving Up Day" and you get to meet all of your new kids on the last day of school. They spend like 30 minutes with you to chat, get their school supply list etc. I love that idea, even though I almost cried when I had to hand deliver my old kids to their 3rd grade teachers.:(

24. Mommy2wad

Mommy2wad Rookie

Aug 3, 2007

We don't get our list until the before school in-service training. However, we are looping so I know the majority of the children in my class.

25. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 3, 2007

I saw my tentative list the other day. I won't see me official list until the 15th or 16th of August. Meet the Teacher is on the 17th. We have many kindergarteners that are registered last minute, but so far I have 15 kids on my list.

26. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Aug 3, 2007

That would be nice to have a "Moving Up Day"; I wish we did. The parents found out if their kids were in our classes before we did. It was on the bottom of the report card.

27. ErikaG

ErikaG Rookie

Aug 3, 2007

No list as of yet. I was told that we would get it on the 13th. The kids start back on the 22nd. I am scared about the number.:unsure:

28. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 3, 2007

I got a tentative yet pretty much the way it's going to be list in June. As of July, I had 18 students- 2 Gifted, 3 LD/in process of becoming LD, 1 LD consult, and the rest general ed. Oh, and 5 Speech.

29. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 3, 2007

Ooh. :woot:

30. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Aug 3, 2007

I got mine Wednesday. School starts August 7.

31. pamms

pamms Comrade

Aug 3, 2007

We usually get ours sometime on the first day back for planning. This year that is Monday the 13th. School starts the following Monday.

32. knittingbec

knittingbec Comrade

Aug 4, 2007

In the past, we've gotten ours the day before school starts. This year, we start on a Monday, so maybe we'll be lucky and get them on Friday!

33. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2007

So those of you who get your lists so late, does your principal have you call parents, or send home postcards?

I bet those schools are madhouses w/ parents trying to see lists. Heck, my school can be with kids hoping their class got magically changed.

34. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 4, 2007

Our students find out which class they are in when they get to school the first day. All staff are outside (or in the gym if it's raining) with all class lists and the students can approach any of us to find out their class assignment. (2 years ago, the students had been told at the end of June whose class they would be in; over the summer there were staffing changes and because of a huge number of new enrollments all classes need to be reorganized --that was a first day with a lot of drama when kids weren't in the classes they thought they would be!)

35. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Aug 4, 2007

We always start school on a Tuesday, and class lists are posted (for families) on the Friday before.

36. lteach2

lteach2 Cohort

Aug 4, 2007

We are supposed to get ours Aug. 10th (school starts the 27th) when we go in to stuff envelopes with our and the principal's letter...but I already got mine. :)

37. Momzoid

Momzoid Companion

Aug 4, 2007

I got mine yesterday during our in-service which we did not have. The school is still a war zone. We could not do anything to our rooms due to the dust and debris. My principal told us to do what we could and go home if the dust was too much, which is what most of us did. The cleaning crew is supposed to be doing overtime this weekend and on Monday we should be able to set up. The kids come on Wednesday whether we are ready or not:eek:

38. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 4, 2007

At our school, a back to school packet goes out to all of the families during the summer. It has the parent handbook, the school directory, forms and releases to fill out, that kind of thing. The class list goes out with it. Those will go out next week. The parents will have a few weeks of knowing before school starts. There won't be any changes to classes unless a new student is added to a class. So, I saw my final class list yesterday. I can't imagine knowing the day before.

At the other school I worked at, class lists were given out on the first prep day, so there was a week notice.

In the school I student taught at, the teachers all got together in the gym before school began during the prep days. Each child had a card with their name on it. They would create the classes with the teachers from the year before. The card had symbols on it. Big A for big academic issues, small a for small issues. B or b for behavior, and P or p for parents (meaning the parents were a nuisance.) They tried to create a fair group for every teacher, and keep kids together who should be together, and seperate those who should be seperated. It was interesting.

39. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 4, 2007

We do this as well, in May. After this is done, the administration and Special Ed team do any tweaking that is required. Our classes and staffing were reorganized 3 times after this ws done in early May--I'm curious to see what the classes look like when school starts!

40. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Aug 4, 2007

We got our class lists in June. I will have 17 students in September! Yesss! We have one of every grade, so there is no question for students about what class they will be in.

41. Lilu0819

Lilu0819 Companion

Aug 4, 2007

We got our class lists before the school year was over. I don't do much with it until after registration which is in a week or so, because more kids will probably be added to the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.