When Do YOU Exercise?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Aug 14, 2008.

?

When Do YOU Exercise?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2008.
  1. I exercise in the wee hours BEFORE going to work.

21.4%
  2. I exercise as soon as I get home from work.

42.9%
  3. I wait till it's the evening/night to exercise.

25.0%
  4. I only exercise on weekends.

3.6%
  5. Exercise!...Who has time for that?!

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 14, 2008

Being a teacher, it can be tough to squeesze fitness into our busy schedules. So, when do YOU exercise? (You can check more than one.)

I don't think I could ever wake up 1+ hrs earlier & go to the gym or walk BEFORE getting ready for work! I don't really like going to the gym as soon as I get home from work, but I'll get used to it once I get going. I also try to walk on weekend mornings.

3. TemperanceFaith

TemperanceFaith Comrade

Aug 14, 2008

We just joined the Y, and for now it is fitting into my schedule just fine, but once I start working and classes again in Sept, it is either going to be really early workouts; think 5 am when they open, or after work and class at 8 at night. Regardless of when, I am sticking to it. I feel so much better since we started going, that I am not going to give it up.

4. DaTeach

DaTeach Comrade

Aug 15, 2008

I do so well during the summer....I have a schedule and I stick to it in the mornings. When school, resumes, I find it hard to make time. This year I'm determined to take care of myself. Right now, I'm exercising around 6:30 pm. I walk one mile outdoors, and I do another mile on my Gazelle. I'm trying to bring less work home so I can continue this and spend time with my family.

5. Mrs.Mom

Mrs.Mom Companion

Aug 15, 2008

I'm struggling with this! I don't know when I'm going to have the time, but I need to figure something out! I already wake up at 5 a.m. just to get out the door, drop off baby, and to work on time (I try to get there a little early). At the end of the day I am out the door asap!!! I am in a mad dash to get home to see my little boy!! I think I'm going to have to force myself to stop on the way home 2-3 nights/week.....:unsure:

6. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Aug 15, 2008

Hmmm....I get up at 5 a.m. to go to school and I am starting my masters in Sept. I want to squeeze walking in somewhere. I want to get a treadmill so I can walk here at home, but making payments on masters might prevent that! I know once the temps drop I won't go out and walk. I will figure something out...I have to!!

7. Happy Chatter

Happy Chatter Rookie

Aug 15, 2008

I tend to exercise at the same time each day around 4 pm. No matter what I am doing I make that hour an essential in my life ..it gives me the get up and go I need for the rest of the day.

8. Ilovefirst

Ilovefirst Comrade

Aug 15, 2008

I walk almost every day after school with a very close friend of mine. We finish what we need to do for the next day and change into walking clothes and sneakers and out the door we go - school bags in hand to drop off in the car on the way by. It's great because it helps both of us unwind before we get into the car to go home. There are several hills around and many different routes we can take, so we have lots of variation both in sights and in the kind of workout we get.

9. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Aug 15, 2008

During the school year, I have morning duty and watch the kids in the gym from 7:45-8:15. I often walk then.

10. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 15, 2008

I hate exercise (and, unfortunately it shows). I need to find a couple of walking buddies at school next year and walk at lunch 2 or 3 times a week. There is also a gym close to school that several teachers belong to (and teachers get a membership for half price I believe). I am going to have someone drag me there to sign up the first week of school and then have them drag me there after work a couple of times a week.

11. SciTeacherNY

SciTeacherNY Companion

Aug 15, 2008

I always go to the gym right after work. If I go home, I will put it off and it might not get done. I pack my gym bag the night before and drive directly there after work. When the weather is nice I typically skip the gym and go for my run outside. Usually saves me some time as I am not driving around.

12. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2008

My exercise is also my commute. 90-120 minutes a day. A bit more if I want to go off campus at lunch time.

13. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 15, 2008

I'm definitely not a morning person-but I've been getting up to run with my neighbor at 5:45 in the morning. I run 5 miles-she only runs 2 or 3. But if I'm getting up at 5:30, I'm going more than 2 miles!!

I also teach a class at the gym at 4:00 on Mondays and Wednesdays. I might go to the gym other days after school also, or I'll just leave it at running.

14. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 15, 2008

I am not a morning person so I am definitely one that exercises at night. Its just so hot here that the best time to exercise is about 7-730 just as its getting dark. I just started running (as in yesterday was the first time) so I'm reaching for one mile soon. I want to do a 5K this winter.

15. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Aug 15, 2008

When the weather's warm I jump in the pool as soon as I get home and slowly swim the stress away. I wish I could do it all year long. During late fall and winter I go on the treadmill for 30-40 minutes most work days. I want to start doing yoga again, too cause i love how it makes me feel. I have a computer and coffee habit that prohibits me from morning exercise! :)

16. msmath

msmath Rookie

Aug 15, 2008

Well, usually I would go later afternoon/evening. I go to Lucille Roberts so I liked working out on the machines and cardio, and doing an evening class.

Then in May I joined this program (boot camp) and it was at 6am 5 days a week for an hour outside at a park. It worked you out hard!! I loved it. I am not a morning person, but it made me feel great for the rest of the day. I might do it again, or I might stick with my evenings.