When do most public school districts start their interview process?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Ashley M Zawojski, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Ashley M Zawojski

Ashley M Zawojski New Member

Apr 21, 2021

Hello there everyone! I'll be a first year teacher this upcoming school year. I've applied to any and all elementary teaching jobs I've seen posted for fall 2021. A lot of the private and charter schools have reached out for interviews (about 6 now). I've also noticed more public school districts in my area started posting their openings for next year, directly after spring break. My question is, if a school is posting their job vacancies now and accepting applications, when do they usually start interviews? Do they hold onto the resumes and wait until summer, or will they start now since they know what contracts they have available?
    Most of the openings I've applied to for public schools started end of March and a lot more now at the end of April.
    Thank you in advance! :)

3. Pisces

Pisces Companion

Apr 21, 2021

They start interviews within days or a weeks of applying for the most part.
    I would also advise against using your real name on these forums. Use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page to get in touch with a moderator to have your username changed to something where you can't be identified.

4. Ashley M Zawojski

Ashley M Zawojski New Member

Apr 21, 2021

Thank you!