Wondering if anyone has faced this tough decision. I am a PE/Health teacher working at a small charter school in the city. I have been teaching 5 years. Bounced around between long-term sub positions, part-time, and subbing before landing my current job. Apologize in advance for the long back story. This first year has been decent overall, but I am strongly considering leaving after finishing the year. Compensation and the commute have been a big source of stress. These issues would be manageable if there weren't other problems that have left me burnt out. Our student population is composed of 7th, 8th, and 9th graders who are in danger of falling behind and dropping out. One of the main problems is the school's mission statement is not clear. The school's original mission statement (paraphrasing) was to take students who have not succeeded in a large school for benign reasons (ESL, Diagnosed Learning Disabilities, etc) and get them ready to enter high school. According to other teachers the last 5-10 years the school has been accepting many students who have been either kicked out of other schools, or are performing below grade level due to serious behavior issues. As I said before this is my first year but at this point 70% of the student population have serious behavior issues. While the student population has changed the school hasn't really changed to accommodate. We are understaffed and have no behavioral specialists/interventionists/assistants. As a result, on a good day 50% of class-time is monopolized by management. The students who have behavior issues aren't getting the services they need, other students don't get the attention they need and want to grow, and minimal learning takes place. So with 50 days of classes left I potentially have a tough decision to make. If no new opportunities appear I only see two choices. Go back to substitute teaching on a daily basis, or return to this school next year. Becoming a sub again will likely hurt my resume, but at the same time I feel like a glorified babysitter not a teacher. I'm curious if anyone has faced this dilemma or a similar one. Even if you haven't what would you recommend. Tough out another year to build the resume vs role the dice and move on?