Wheel Rim Question....

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Maithal, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Maithal

Maithal Cohort

Sep 5, 2010

I hit a curb last night, and my wheel rim is all dented and peeling on the side. Would you consider getting a new rim or not worrying about it?

Just wondering, what you all think. I'm kinda feeling awful about it cause I was tired.

Not sure if any place will be open Labor Day either. Do you have any ideas? I hope Town Fair Tire would be. They would have rims, right?

I have an Audi so I'm wondering if a tire place will have a rim.

3. oppa637

oppa637 Rookie

Sep 5, 2010

Depending on bad and if its leaking air, generally cost bout 125 per wheel to get it fixed and painted

4. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Sep 5, 2010

I think it would depend on whether or not the damage is enough to be affecting your tire. If it's purely cosmetic, and you don't care about it, then don't worry about it. If your tire is leaking or the damage to the rim has the potential to damage the tire, then absolutely you should get it fixed. :)

5. Maithal

Maithal Cohort

Sep 5, 2010

I have no clue. No clue! It rode home fine though. I checked it today and the wheel is fine too, I think. A rim costs $125 or a tire?

To me it looks horrible, but that's because I notice it so much.

Would a chain like Town Fair Tire have a rim for an Audi or do I go to the dealer?

Would you suggest going to get it looked at tomorrow seeing as I drive 45 mins to work? Are tire stores open?

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 5, 2010

I guess you'll have to call around & see. I wouldn't take a chance leaving it alone, especially if you have a far drive. I completely agree w/ mmswm.

7. oppa637

oppa637 Rookie

Sep 5, 2010

125 is to fix the rim and make it look like new again. If you go to dealership, a new rim will cost probably around 600ish. If your tire doesn't go flat or have any bubbles or tears, I wouldn't worry bout it. Any vibrations while your driving?