What's your favorite type of binder?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by touchinglives, Jun 29, 2009.

1. touchinglives

touchinglives Companion

Jun 29, 2009

Round ring, EZD, or Slant D ring?

3. each1teach1

each1teach1 Cohort

Jun 30, 2009

4. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jun 30, 2009

I make my own. I use book rings in various sizes, and make up a spiffy cover in Photoshop. I print the covers on high quality photo paper, slip them into sheet protectors, and I assemble the binder with plastic dividers. I usually do two different things in one binder and just flip it over and put the 2nd cover sheet on the other side.

They are extremely cheap, pretty, hold a lot more stuff, and are easy to store. If I remove material, they take up less space; if I add material, they are easier to "over stuff" than regular binders.

5. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Jun 30, 2009

Round ring, with the clear pocket in front so I can make cute little covers to slide in!!!

6. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jun 30, 2009

The ones I get for FREE :) everyone in my church, in my neighbor and in my life ;) knows how I covet binders. I use them for all my units, clubs, committees and organizational things. Last summer I got 8 bankers boxes full of binders of all sizes :) And it wouldn't be church for me if I didn't come home with at least one binder :) My husband brings home a lot that would have been thrown in the dumpster. His company uses lots of binders for presentation and director's meetings and after these meetings most the binders get thrown away. Why you ask - because it cost more money to pay an $25 dollar an hour secretary to empy the contents of the binders than it does to just buy new ones.

My long winded advice - if you are a binder lover like I am, make sure everyone knows. You might be surprised how many free ones you can get.

7. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2009

Funny, INteacher - I was about to say the same thing. My husband's office gets a lot of reports in binders which don't file well so they take them out and have a whole storage room stuffed full. I am thinking of moving a bunch of my stuff from crates to binders but I read pros and cons. What does everyone think?

8. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jun 30, 2009

I love binders!!!!! I have copies of sheets and magazine clippings of ideas by subject in binders. I try not to use binders that are more than 2 inches b/c they are too bulky to pick up and use when full.

9. touchinglives

touchinglives Companion

Jun 30, 2009

I love binders too. I keep all of my lesson plans in them, and have different binders for everything - writing programs, released items, etc. I found out what Teacher Chele was talking about last year, because I bought several 3" binders. They are definitely too bulky. Most of my binders are round ring, but as I've been looking for the cheapest buys online, I have seen the more expensive D-ring and EZD ring ones. Since I use my lesson plan binders daily, I'm wondering if the D rings would be easier to use because I remove and add plastic sheets almost daily. Of course, the real problem is they are too full!

10. 773 Miles Away

773 Miles Away Comrade

Jul 2, 2009

I always use the D-ring (or EZD? I don't know the difference...) binders. They are more expensive at the store than regular round ring.. but they store more and the pages don't tear out as often. An absolute necessity in my mind!

11. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 2, 2009

Clear pouch on front, back and spine. The rings are attached to the back not the spine. Pockets on the inside. I guess regular D ring unless what I am describing is EZD ring.