What's your decorating style?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ECE ABC, Jul 19, 2014.

1. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jul 19, 2014

I live in a 2 bedroom condo and I am working on my den (also my home office) its starting to look more like a nice, cozy sitting area actually. I just wanted to make it look like more than that little room off to the side that has a pile of papers on the desk:D

So I decluttered it today, finally! I moved a small table in there to go with my love seat and victorian-style chair that I just covered with a pretty antique white slip cover (my mom gave me) to go with my love seat so its coming together nicely.

It has a very French Victorian-Country feel to it now as does the rest of my home.

Just curious to what everyone's decorating style is in their home?

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 19, 2014

French,eclectic,mix of classic,comfort and country...in an 80 year old house.

Rich colors, pillows,paintings, oriental carpets, wood floors, antiques, candles, fresh flowers, light pouring in through windows, bringing the outside in and the inside out, porch living, love my house!

4. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jul 19, 2014

I love my place too..i love candles, fresh flowers..pillows galore..ripped out the carpets when I moved in!!!!

One of my favorite things about my home is my back deck..i have plants out there, chairs, little table, etc. i was lucky to get an outdoor living space, not all condos offer that..its right off my kitchen, LOVE IT!

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 19, 2014

I'd say my decorating style is a mixture of contemporary, organic, & beachy w/ some splashes of color! (When I first moved into my apt, I posted pics of each room. I've improved it some since then.)

6. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jul 19, 2014

Living in Southern California I can just imagine the organic, gorgeous beachy theme you have:D

7. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 19, 2014

I'm a comfy modern type of person.

8. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2014

I don't really have a style, per se - everything in my house is about comfort! The living room is a neutral palette with lots of family/vacation pictures, lots of wood, pillows and quilts all around. The bathrooms and the bedroom have a beach theme. My office is a disaster zone. Can't wait until we move into a house!

9. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jul 20, 2014

Kid friendly! With a 5 year old and a 19 month old, we mostly "decorate" with toys. We definitely have nothing breakable :). I look forward to actually being able to decorate in a few years. I know we could do it now, but my kids love to play in the living room because their bedrooms are on the smaller side.

10. HistoryVA

HistoryVA Devotee

Jul 20, 2014

Minimalist, modern. All straight lines and box shapes. My whole living space area is in gray, white and black with splashes of red. I love it.

11. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 20, 2014

Mine is very eclectic.

Every room has a variety of pieces. I don't care for metal, glass, or black, or white furniture. I have lots of wood and earth tones.

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 20, 2014

:D, I try! I want to get some different mirrors for my living room wall. I need them to be bigger to bring in more light. The website Wayfair has a big selection.

13. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Jul 20, 2014

Clean, sleek, and modern. I love my home!

14. geoteacher

geoteacher Habitué

Jul 20, 2014

Warm colors - reds, rusts, browns. Everything is centered around the fireplace that makes up the east wall in my living room. I am all about comfy and cozy. I also love the seasons, so another wall is just windows that provide a great view of the woods.

15. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jul 20, 2014

I love decorating for the seasons....red is my accent color in my living room & kitchen year round, my condo is small so it ties all the rooms together. My new cozy little den is very white, pale pinks and roses, its still my home office even though I never use it..by next week it will be a sitting room ONLY!

In a few months my kitchen will become an apple orchard and pumpkin patch..lol..come September its my country kitchen and I can't wait:haha:

I keep my sunflower things out all summer and then add all the Autumn things..i just love Autumn decorating :)

Sorry, I could talk about this stuff all day:love::love:

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 20, 2014

SubCT, I'm w/ you too! I have bookmarked a lot of sites that are my style. Red is the main accent color in my living room & kitchen too. Then in my bedroom & bathroom, magenta & purple are the colors.

17. myloveasdeep

myloveasdeep Rookie

Jul 20, 2014

The living room is mid-century modern with a hefty dose of kitsch and nerd. The walls are robin egg blue, I have bamboo flooring and a grass green rug. We have lots of comic and children's book illustrations as art.

Our bedroom is as much like a bohemian blanket tent as possible. I'm always adding to it.

My baby's room is done in vintage fairy tale illustrations, dark green and gold.

18. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jul 21, 2014

You are a lot bolder than me...

That sounds great!!! My cousin has beautiful magenta in her bathroom and purple (deep plum) walls in her bedroom too..i played it safe with very light color walls!! My kitchen has mint green walls---that's as bold as I've gone:p

I have red accents but a very ''cottagey'' kind of look with Victorian pieces mixed in there. I have slip covers over my couch and love seat that are antique white, the red accents really pops against it!

But for Autumn my kitchen does become a pumpkin farm..with all my baskets, which are disaplayed nicely and my apple accents..you feel like you seriously could go apple picking in there:lol:

19. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 21, 2014

Nice SubCT! :thumb:

20. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jul 22, 2014