What's the latest GREAT book you have read?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Rebel1, May 16, 2009.

1. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

May 21, 2009

...So I started reading "Dear God This Is Ana". It's got a very interesting beginning. Stopped reading it and gave it to a friend who's got the same name as the title. :D I guess I'm just not cut out for reading.:rolleyes:
    Rebel1

2. Tbelle1035

Tbelle1035 Cohort

May 21, 2009

You're right, Gossamer, and a young Leo Dicaprio plays the boy.

3. nattles19

nattles19 Comrade

May 22, 2009

Hmm, I started Water for Elephants but just slipped out of it partway through. I guess I should give it another try. Now that school's out, I'll be reading a lot more!!!

I love, love Little Altars Everywhere. It came out after Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood but is the prequel. I thought it was much, much better written that Divine Secrets so for people who protest that Divine Secrets is bad, I say give it a chance!!

The setting is when Sidalee's mom and friends were kids. It's one of my favorites. I may just need to reread this summer!

4. nattles19

nattles19 Comrade

May 22, 2009

I remember trying to read The Power of One when I was a kid because it was such a big fat book! Kind of like my third graders who pretend to read Harry Potter. :)

My mom grew up in South Africa as a British transplant so the book has always made me curious. I might need to give that one another shot too.

5. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

May 22, 2009

Just finished The Shack, and it was fabulous. I can't stop thinking about it. I am going to buy it so that I can reread it often.

6. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

May 23, 2009

nattles, I loved the Shadow Children series too. I bought an extra set to give to my nephew.

stg, I loved Angels and Demons too, Dh and I went to see the movie yesterday and it went along pretty close to the book.