What's the best way to go about doing this? Do nothing?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Boba, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Boba

Boba Companion

Aug 14, 2015

I had an interview with 3 people not too long ago (2 principals and 1 special ed teacher or school psych.). I remember the names of the principals, but not the 3rd person. I ended up not getting the job but it's still a district (it's tiny... 4 schools) I really would want to work for. I want to hear their advice or suggestions about how to go about getting a job with them in the future.

Is it okay to email 2 out of the 3 people there? I went to their website and they have pictures and the 3rd person looks like 2 people on that website. Email 4 people and hope they don't notice? Email only the 2 I know were there?

Or should I not even do anything???

3. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Aug 14, 2015

Maybe you should email the two principals. They have most power in hiring people. You should state something about how you enjoyed interviewing with them and still interested in working in the district. Mention why you are interested in the district and would like to be considered for other positions, like an aide job or para or long-term sub, anything at all. They might state that they don't have any openings but at least you'll be on their radar in the future. Jobs pop up every month!

4. Boba

Boba Companion

Aug 14, 2015

That's actually a great idea with what you said to write. I will definitely include that. Only thing is, I live 90 minutes away lol.

5. Boba

Boba Companion

Aug 14, 2015

Email sent. Thank you. I doubt I will hear back. Figure I have nothing to lose since the odds of anyone getting any position in that district are slim (all 4 schools are Blue Ribbon).

6. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Aug 14, 2015

At least they'll see your attempt and passion for the district. You never know what might pop up! Hey if you are willing to drive 90 mins, that's your choice! I don't think I could do more than an hour but that's just me! Keep us posted if they reply! Fingers crossed!

7. Boba

Boba Companion

Aug 14, 2015

LOL I was willing to drive 90 minutes for an interview not to live there. I'm living back in with my parents until I get employment. I've commuted 60 minutes each way for work before and cannot do it anymore myself. My max at this point is 45 and that's already pushing it! I will let you know if I hear back.