What's The Best Thing You Got With Bonus Points

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MissMaurie, Sep 5, 2009.

1. MissMaurie

MissMaurie Companion

Sep 5, 2009

I have a lot of Scholastic bonus points and I am so picky about what I get with them!

So tell me...what are some of the awesome things you have gotten with yours?

3. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Sep 5, 2009

I like the "hand" pointers for lots of things - big book center, pocket chart center, read or write the room, calendar stuff, etc... I think you need multiple sets ;) I usually spend most of it on books though.

4. Matt633

Matt633 Comrade

Sep 5, 2009

I love my little refrigerator! I have had it for 3 years and still working great!

I loved being able to get class packs of books too.

I think I want to get the microscope, has anyone gotten this? Does it work well?

5. ms. yi

ms. yi Comrade

Sep 5, 2009

My kids love the little red chairs for my classroom library. Gonna try the dry erase crayons next.

6. reverie

reverie Companion

Sep 5, 2009

One of the teachers at my former school got a TV and she really liked that for showing educational videos.

7. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Sep 5, 2009

I never save them! I usually use all that I earn on a particular order to get free books. I often get the book/cd sets, too.

8. goopp

goopp Devotee

Sep 5, 2009

I use most of mine for books, but I have gotten a few big things. I got a Dustbuster which has been wonderful when kids step on a goldfish cracker or drop their hand held pencil sharpener. Last year I got a Brother P-Touch labeler...love it. I also got a solar system floor puzzle that the kids love when we are studying it.

9. Miss W

Miss W Phenom

Sep 5, 2009

Hmmm....I usually get books for my kids (all 25) 3 times a year. If I don't have enough points, I simply buy the rest. Another thing that was more than worth the bonus points was my long arm stapler. The most bonus points I've had saved up at one time is about 1,000. I usually use them to get books for the room or other small items.

10. 100%Canadian

100%Canadian Companion

Sep 5, 2009

Definitely the mini fridge - still going strong after seven years!

11. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Sep 5, 2009

I usually get books for my kids too...sometimes I buy a book for myself or something small...I've never purchased a big item with them!

12. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Sep 5, 2009

I have bagillions of bonus points. I find that with using the coupons, I rarely have to use bonus points to buy books. I use my points to buy books for 36 kids in December and again in June. I try to pick a book that is 15 points, which is usually easy to do.

Last year I used some of my bagillion points to by a 6 foot wide circle carpet for my library. I loooooooooved it! Unfortunately they had a young kid come fill in for our custodian one night, and he ruined it with the vacuum. And didn't tell me, or leave a note, or apologize. :mad: I have enough points in my account to buy another one, which I think I am probably going to do this year. The carpet is still usable, but it's making me nuts to have threads missing.

13. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 5, 2009

Have you seen their this year's catalog???!!!!

I just received the Eric Carle butterfly & caterpillar; they are huge!!! And beautiful!!! Need I say more? :)

Also, I love the puzzle keeper and their wooden puzzles are fabulous!!! :thumb:

It was like Christmas opening that Scholastic box! :love:

14. glitterfish

glitterfish Comrade

Sep 5, 2009

Do NOT get a dustbuster. Mine did not work well at all, no power...didn't pick up anything. I usually spend mine on books because I figure it's a better value. I can get the other things in a store for cheaper, yet books would be more expensive at a store.

15. goopp

goopp Devotee

Sep 6, 2009

Did you send it back? Mine works great!

16. LAH2

LAH2 Companion

Sep 6, 2009

I get lots and lots and lots of books for my classroom. I always use my bonus points to buy books for my students at Christmas too. I've also gotten some really good teacher resource books.

17. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Sep 7, 2009

I usually buy teacher resource books or books for the classroom. However, I did use bonus points and get the puzzle book shelf (very sturdy and a wonderful value), the labeler and the long arm stapler. All were well worth the points. The only thing I have gotten that hasn't been was the puzzle storage bin holder. Instead of being made from real wood like the book shelf it was made from particle board and it broke just from daily use. My boyfriend had to convert it from a 3 shelf to a 2 shelf for me.

18. teacherforlife

teacherforlife Rookie

Sep 7, 2009

Years ago (about 15)I got a tv and I have loved it. I can't believe it still works. It is a Sanyo thirteen inch tv and I have it in my bedroom. I have acquired a special attachment to it:lol: and I can't consider getting rid of it just because flat tvs are the thing now.