What's the best thing you got for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ecteach, Dec 30, 2013.

1. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 30, 2013

I bought some accessories for my Kitchen Aid mixer at TJ Maxx...they were really cheap.

2. RainStorm

RainStorm Aficionado

Dec 30, 2013

My dad gave me some money to buy what I wanted -- and I bought a new light fixture for my dining room. I can't wait to get the electrician out here to put it up!

3. AdamnJakesMommy

AdamnJakesMommy Habitué

Dec 30, 2013

My husband got me a ruby necklace, earrings, and ring from Zales--about 300.00. That was the most expensive thing I got. My favorite thing however was new cordless phones for the house. We've been having to use one stationary phone because the cordless has been missing (ahem most likely thrown in the trash by one of the kids :) ). Since I have cleaned my house top to bottom (scrubbing base boards, washing walls, pulling out furniture, etc) and still haven't found the dern phone, I believe it is gone forever. Got two new phones though, love them. Actually, those gifts were to my husband from me :)

I also love this weather radio my mom got me. Alerts me to tornadoes, hurricanes, avalanches (in eastern NC yea right :), bioterrorism, etc.). :)

4. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Dec 31, 2013

My favorite gift this year was a 2014 calendar of my granddaughter. My son and daughter in law picked the most precious pictures of her, and I love the fact that I get to look at it every month!
    My DH bought me my favorite perfume as well.

5. BookReader813

BookReader813 Companion

Dec 31, 2013

Best thing I got for Christmas? Being with my entire immediate family for the first time in several years.

With my Kohl's gift cards coming in a very close second! ;)

6. Myrisophilist

Myrisophilist Habitué

Dec 31, 2013

Spending time with my family was special. It's amazing how difficult it can be to get four people in one house together, even though two of them already live there!

An awesome gift from my sister was an art sign from HeroSquares with a drawing of Spock and the word "logical." It's going up in my classroom. :cool: Take a look at the pic; my sister took the one that says "illogical" and they sum us up PERFECTLY!

7. BookReader813

BookReader813 Companion

Dec 31, 2013

I had siblings that were living out of state for almost 7 years, so it has been hard to get us all together. But, now that we're all living in the same state again, it has been awesome. :)

8. Ms_C

Ms_C Comrade

Dec 31, 2013

Cute! I try to stay away from the outlet that opened up in Texas City or I would spend way to much money.

The best gift I received this year was my Keurig Vue. I had a regular Keruig machine but it had developed a leak and was on it last leg. After 5 years and 2 moves it was time.

Best gift I gave was to my brother. He is a big golf fan so I found a hole flag from the 2012 Masters and had it framed. He loved it!

9. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 31, 2013

My DH gave me a pre-paid Visa so I can go out and buy some clothes. I haven't worked in several years, and have not bought clothes in some time.

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 31, 2013

Also the relaxation of having no work & no school at the same time! That's only a once in a year occurrence (& a very short # of days in the summertime) the last few years for me!

11. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Dec 31, 2013

A Coach purse from one of my minis and an Amazon gift card I used to buy a personal laminator I've been drooling over since August.

12. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Dec 31, 2013

A Garmin Forerunner 210. It's supposed to come in the mail this Thursday, and I can't wait to use it!

13. AdamnJakesMommy

AdamnJakesMommy Habitué

Dec 31, 2013

For those of you with Garmins HELP ME! This is off topic, I know, but just a quick response is all I need. I bought this garmin http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Portab...ie=UTF8&qid=1388542636&sr=8-8&keywords=garmin
    (2595LMT)
    how in the world do you get the image to show road signs up close?? And split the screen? That is the main reason I bought the more expensive garmin was to have the more "live" like views, but I get the same only blue car moving along a purple route no matter what buttons I push! And of course, like always, I threw out the directions....

14. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Dec 31, 2013

Money for a picture of Jesus for our home. I do not want the original look. I want something modern or with a smile. Any suggestions?

15. geoteacher

geoteacher Habitué

Dec 31, 2013

10 days with both of my kids and my husband together!!!