What's the best thing you got for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ecteach, Dec 30, 2013.

1. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Dec 30, 2013

Mine: 40 packs of Post-it-Notes. (I'm a loser!) :p

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Dec 30, 2013

I actually got my best thing yesterday on my birthday...a Chia Pet for my kitties with kitty grass!

4. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Dec 30, 2013

Great use, swansong1! I'll have to think about that for my cats.

I got a Xyron sticker maker. I'm weird, too, and like sticky notes a lot (40 packs though?!). I can make any little thing into a sticky note now.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 30, 2013

I got some gorgeous earings.

And I don't know whether any of you saw this in the Hallmark store: it's a set of 5 or 6 individual pieces: Mickey, Minnie, Donald and so on, each with a different instrument. THe pieces synchronize to play Christmas carols. It's a wonderful addition to my Christmas decor. And, since the pieces came out one at a time, it represents a significant amount of work to get all the pieces.

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 30, 2013

We bought a new TV a couple of days before Christmas--it was long, long overdue--so my husband and I didn't exchange gifts. My sister bought me a beautiful bracelet and an angel ornament for my tree--she always finds the perfect gifts!

I got a nice surprise going through the cards and gifts from school--inside one of the cards that was attached to a box of chocolates was a $50 gift card for a shoe store!

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 30, 2013

Navigational system for my car...& money.

8. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Dec 30, 2013

I liked everything I got but the one thing that sticks out are two little onesies for our upcoming twin girls! We have been very cautious and didnt ask or want any baby stuff until they reach viability but my mom couldn't help herself. They are so small and cute. We have gotten a couple other things from my best friend and her mom so I put them all out and it really made me excited!!

My husband and I said we wouldn't get each other anything because between buying a house, paying for surrogacy, and the twins we will be spending a TON of money. But he got me a gift certificate to a new Italian eatery place that has a Nutella bar in it. He knows how much I love Nutella:)

9. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Dec 30, 2013

My husband did well this year. I got a pretty necklace, some slippers, two cardigans, a yellow purse, and a Gone with the Wind ornament. My mom got me a cute ID case with some gift cards in it, all to places I go often, which I thought was cute. My grandmother has been in poor health, so my mom didn't have much time to shop, but I love the gift cards I got. We didn't really do big presents this year, and I loved it!

I was way more excited about gifts I gave than gifts I got. I gave my husband a board game he wanted that is out of print. I gave my mom a children's book autographed by the author, and a vintage cookbook. I gave my dad a big book about music and a box set of CDs by a musician he likes.

10. platypusok

platypusok Companion

Dec 30, 2013

At the beginning of the year, one of my freshmen walked into class and said that she knew I loved post its and gave me 6 packages. It was awesome.

For Christmas-best gift-sewing machine. I took home ec (now facs) for 6 years in junior high and high school. I keep seeing cute sewing stuff on pinterest and told my sister that I was going to get a sewing machine when I got my tax refund. But she and my niece had already got me one for Christmas.

11. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Dec 30, 2013

I got a new leather Pandora bracelet and a couple of beads. DH remembered all kinds of things! He special ordered a soda that I love and can only get when I'm in NC on vacation.

12. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 30, 2013

I got an antique dining room table.

My mom found it at a resale shop and bought it for me a few weeks ago. When she asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I told her the table was enough.

13. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Dec 30, 2013

We bought a new car. It was much needed as the one we are getting rid of is on its last legs.

14. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 30, 2013

A Brighton necklace with charms...my husband and I went to the Brighton store while we were in Vegas. I saw a few charms I thought were great, but the cost when you made the necklace was too much. I flew home before him. He made a trip to the store and bought it for me before he flew home. He hid it for a month. Plus he built me an incredible fire pit.

15. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Dec 30, 2013

16. Alesia

Alesia Companion

Dec 30, 2013

DH got me a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I have been wanting one for a very, very long time.

17. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 30, 2013

I bought some accessories for my Kitchen Aid mixer at TJ Maxx...they were really cheap.

18. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Dec 30, 2013

My dad gave me some money to buy what I wanted -- and I bought a new light fixture for my dining room. I can't wait to get the electrician out here to put it up!

19. AdamnJakesMommy

AdamnJakesMommy Habitué

Dec 30, 2013

My husband got me a ruby necklace, earrings, and ring from Zales--about 300.00. That was the most expensive thing I got. My favorite thing however was new cordless phones for the house. We've been having to use one stationary phone because the cordless has been missing (ahem most likely thrown in the trash by one of the kids :) ). Since I have cleaned my house top to bottom (scrubbing base boards, washing walls, pulling out furniture, etc) and still haven't found the dern phone, I believe it is gone forever. Got two new phones though, love them. Actually, those gifts were to my husband from me :)

I also love this weather radio my mom got me. Alerts me to tornadoes, hurricanes, avalanches (in eastern NC yea right :), bioterrorism, etc.). :)

20. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Dec 31, 2013

My favorite gift this year was a 2014 calendar of my granddaughter. My son and daughter in law picked the most precious pictures of her, and I love the fact that I get to look at it every month!
    My DH bought me my favorite perfume as well.

21. BookReader813

BookReader813 Companion

Dec 31, 2013

Best thing I got for Christmas? Being with my entire immediate family for the first time in several years.

With my Kohl's gift cards coming in a very close second! ;)

22. Myrisophilist

Myrisophilist Habitué

Dec 31, 2013

Spending time with my family was special. It's amazing how difficult it can be to get four people in one house together, even though two of them already live there!

An awesome gift from my sister was an art sign from HeroSquares with a drawing of Spock and the word "logical." It's going up in my classroom. :cool: Take a look at the pic; my sister took the one that says "illogical" and they sum us up PERFECTLY!

23. BookReader813

BookReader813 Companion

Dec 31, 2013

I had siblings that were living out of state for almost 7 years, so it has been hard to get us all together. But, now that we're all living in the same state again, it has been awesome. :)

24. Ms_C

Ms_C Comrade

Dec 31, 2013

Cute! I try to stay away from the outlet that opened up in Texas City or I would spend way to much money.

The best gift I received this year was my Keurig Vue. I had a regular Keruig machine but it had developed a leak and was on it last leg. After 5 years and 2 moves it was time.

Best gift I gave was to my brother. He is a big golf fan so I found a hole flag from the 2012 Masters and had it framed. He loved it!

25. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 31, 2013

My DH gave me a pre-paid Visa so I can go out and buy some clothes. I haven't worked in several years, and have not bought clothes in some time.

26. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 31, 2013

Also the relaxation of having no work & no school at the same time! That's only a once in a year occurrence (& a very short # of days in the summertime) the last few years for me!

27. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Dec 31, 2013

A Coach purse from one of my minis and an Amazon gift card I used to buy a personal laminator I've been drooling over since August.

28. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Dec 31, 2013

A Garmin Forerunner 210. It's supposed to come in the mail this Thursday, and I can't wait to use it!

29. AdamnJakesMommy

AdamnJakesMommy Habitué

Dec 31, 2013

For those of you with Garmins HELP ME! This is off topic, I know, but just a quick response is all I need. I bought this garmin http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Portab...ie=UTF8&qid=1388542636&sr=8-8&keywords=garmin
    (2595LMT)
    how in the world do you get the image to show road signs up close?? And split the screen? That is the main reason I bought the more expensive garmin was to have the more "live" like views, but I get the same only blue car moving along a purple route no matter what buttons I push! And of course, like always, I threw out the directions....

30. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Dec 31, 2013

Money for a picture of Jesus for our home. I do not want the original look. I want something modern or with a smile. Any suggestions?

31. geoteacher

geoteacher Habitué

Dec 31, 2013

10 days with both of my kids and my husband together!!!

32. HistoryVA

HistoryVA Devotee

Dec 31, 2013

I got a new laptop, which was super exciting because I've been working off of a netbook for the last 3 years. Also, a new set of pots/pans. Coolest, though, was a table lamp that my sister MADE for me out of a bunch of hardcover books (including, ofc, Harry Potter). It's really awesome.

33. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jan 1, 2014

Here's a start: http://www.jesuslaughing.com/

34. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jan 1, 2014

Kitchenaid stand mixer. I really haven't left the kitchen since.

35. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Jan 1, 2014

36. Jerseygirlteach

Jerseygirlteach Groupie

Jan 1, 2014

My new Ninja food chopper. It's so compact and convenient and I can mince an entire onion in 4 seconds flat.

37. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Jan 1, 2014

The best thing I got for Christmas, was time with all 4 of my kids. 2 are away at school and don't get to see either one very often. One I only see at Christmas time because he goes to college in Michigan.

38. OhThePlaces

OhThePlaces Cohort

Jan 1, 2014

My husband got me an awesome Ninja blender... My green smoothies are now smooth. :D I also bought myself (and my mom) a gift that I'm loving... A Fitbit.

39. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jan 1, 2014

16 days of vacation! :D

And I also got a car stereo. I really wanted to be able to play music via bluetooth from my iPhone and now I will be able to. :)

40. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Jan 2, 2014

My dad bought me an AWESOME camera. I am in love with it.

But the best present was what I got for myself- a plane ticket home :)

41. i8myhomework

i8myhomework Comrade

Jan 4, 2014

Got everything I wanted! Including my Cartier bracelets!