What's the best thing you got for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ecteach, Dec 30, 2013.

1. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Dec 30, 2013

Mine: 40 packs of Post-it-Notes. (I'm a loser!) :p

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Dec 30, 2013

I actually got my best thing yesterday on my birthday...a Chia Pet for my kitties with kitty grass!

4. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Dec 30, 2013

Great use, swansong1! I'll have to think about that for my cats.

I got a Xyron sticker maker. I'm weird, too, and like sticky notes a lot (40 packs though?!). I can make any little thing into a sticky note now.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 30, 2013

I got some gorgeous earings.

And I don't know whether any of you saw this in the Hallmark store: it's a set of 5 or 6 individual pieces: Mickey, Minnie, Donald and so on, each with a different instrument. THe pieces synchronize to play Christmas carols. It's a wonderful addition to my Christmas decor. And, since the pieces came out one at a time, it represents a significant amount of work to get all the pieces.

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 30, 2013

We bought a new TV a couple of days before Christmas--it was long, long overdue--so my husband and I didn't exchange gifts. My sister bought me a beautiful bracelet and an angel ornament for my tree--she always finds the perfect gifts!

I got a nice surprise going through the cards and gifts from school--inside one of the cards that was attached to a box of chocolates was a $50 gift card for a shoe store!

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 30, 2013

Navigational system for my car...& money.

8. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Dec 30, 2013

I liked everything I got but the one thing that sticks out are two little onesies for our upcoming twin girls! We have been very cautious and didnt ask or want any baby stuff until they reach viability but my mom couldn't help herself. They are so small and cute. We have gotten a couple other things from my best friend and her mom so I put them all out and it really made me excited!!

My husband and I said we wouldn't get each other anything because between buying a house, paying for surrogacy, and the twins we will be spending a TON of money. But he got me a gift certificate to a new Italian eatery place that has a Nutella bar in it. He knows how much I love Nutella:)

9. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Dec 30, 2013

My husband did well this year. I got a pretty necklace, some slippers, two cardigans, a yellow purse, and a Gone with the Wind ornament. My mom got me a cute ID case with some gift cards in it, all to places I go often, which I thought was cute. My grandmother has been in poor health, so my mom didn't have much time to shop, but I love the gift cards I got. We didn't really do big presents this year, and I loved it!

I was way more excited about gifts I gave than gifts I got. I gave my husband a board game he wanted that is out of print. I gave my mom a children's book autographed by the author, and a vintage cookbook. I gave my dad a big book about music and a box set of CDs by a musician he likes.

10. platypusok

platypusok Companion

Dec 30, 2013

At the beginning of the year, one of my freshmen walked into class and said that she knew I loved post its and gave me 6 packages. It was awesome.

For Christmas-best gift-sewing machine. I took home ec (now facs) for 6 years in junior high and high school. I keep seeing cute sewing stuff on pinterest and told my sister that I was going to get a sewing machine when I got my tax refund. But she and my niece had already got me one for Christmas.

11. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Dec 30, 2013

I got a new leather Pandora bracelet and a couple of beads. DH remembered all kinds of things! He special ordered a soda that I love and can only get when I'm in NC on vacation.

12. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 30, 2013

I got an antique dining room table.

My mom found it at a resale shop and bought it for me a few weeks ago. When she asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I told her the table was enough.

13. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Dec 30, 2013

We bought a new car. It was much needed as the one we are getting rid of is on its last legs.

14. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Dec 30, 2013

A Brighton necklace with charms...my husband and I went to the Brighton store while we were in Vegas. I saw a few charms I thought were great, but the cost when you made the necklace was too much. I flew home before him. He made a trip to the store and bought it for me before he flew home. He hid it for a month. Plus he built me an incredible fire pit.

15. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Dec 30, 2013

16. Alesia

Alesia Companion

Dec 30, 2013

DH got me a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I have been wanting one for a very, very long time.