What's the best calcluator for Math CSET

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by uncleratty, Nov 5, 2007.

1. uncleratty

uncleratty New Member

Nov 5, 2007

What is the best graphing/scientific calculator out there in your opinions? I am particularly interested in one that will be of best assistance for the Math CSET, but would also hope to have it on hand to assist with a future teaching career :)

Thank you in advance ...

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 5, 2007

This is a question that has come up with some regularity, and I think innovationguy posted about it relatively recently. Try using the search tool at the upper right of this page to search for "calculator" or "CSET calculator".

4. Malcolm

Malcolm Enthusiast

Nov 5, 2007

The best calculator is one of the approved graphing calculators that you know how to use to do the kind of CR questions that can appear, and that you know how to configure from a reset condition to one that is useful for the test. All of the approved calculators will do the job. Pick one that you feel most comfortable with. Learn it inside out well before the test. FWIW I used a TI-83+ which has been the workhorse of high school math departments since it was introduced. But a Casio or another brand will do as good a job for the test.

5. jazzminjoy

jazzminjoy Comrade

Nov 9, 2007

Just know that the memory will be cleared when you take the test.