What's going to happen next!?!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by zoey'smom, Aug 24, 2010.

1. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Aug 24, 2010

Last week I had kidney stones, which was bad enough. Then my dad who's health is not good was brought to the hospital with a blocked bowel, was about to go home and started to have heart problems, they shocked his heart. He was to go home today but he started to get fluid on his lungs and started to retain water. Just got a call and he is again having congestive heart failure and doesn't know where he is.

Part of me wants to go and be with my mom and dad tomorrow, but here is the problem, tomorrow Is the first full day of school. I feel like I need to be there too. The other problem is I don' t think I want to be anywhere near a hospital. Five years ago tomorrow my first born daughter died at the babysitters of SIDS on the first full day of school. She would have been in kindergarten this year. This is also hard because I teach kindergarten myself. All these kids are my daughters age. I am just an emotional mess and don't know what to do. Oh, and my son starts preschool tomorrow.

3. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Aug 24, 2010

Go to your dad. Your students will survive their first day without you. Family comes first.

Many hugs and prayers for peace during this difficult time for your family.

4. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Aug 24, 2010

-HUGE HUGS-

5. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2010

zoey'smom - I don't have any good advise but you have all our hugs, prayers and support.

6. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Aug 24, 2010

Even if you have to quit your job, go to your Dad.

7. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Aug 25, 2010

Thank you everyone. Blue, I don't think I have to quit my job. I have days saved up and the administration at my school is wonderful and they would understand. I am waiting on a call from my mom to see how he is doing this morning, then I will decide what to do.

8. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Aug 25, 2010

:hugs: to you!

9. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 25, 2010

--Hugs--

10. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 25, 2010

Awwe... hugs to you on this emotional time!!!! I would say get to your dad if you can. I know the hospital is the last place you want to be, but you have to make the choice if you want to be there with your dad & your mom could probably really use the support as well!!!

On a side note... I have never heard so many people this summer with kidney stones a friend of ours, a person that I follow on a blog, & now you... geesh. The last person I knew was my gpa & that was probably about 7 yrs ago!!!

11. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Aug 25, 2010

I don't have any advice, but my heart is breaking for you. Hugs and best thoughts are being sent your way. Do what is best for your mental health. You won't be any good for anyone if you don't take care of yourself.

12. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Aug 25, 2010

Hugs and more hugs again. I was thinking of you first thing when I woke up this morning. Your family is in my prayers.

13. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Aug 25, 2010

I found out about two other people at my church also had kidney stones the same week I had. I hope I never get them again.

14. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Aug 25, 2010

Things are better today, but now my husband is sick. He went to the doctor today. Again I ask now what!!!!!! My dad is doing much better today. My brother went today and I may go tomorrow. My dad is still not out of the woods but he is better than he was last night. I am waiting for a phone call with an update. On a good note my son enjoyed preschool and I made it through the day with out a breakdown. All your encouraging words has helped me through this day. Thank you.

15. ChemTeachBHS

ChemTeachBHS Comrade

Aug 25, 2010

Hugs

16. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Aug 25, 2010

Just got a call my dad is doing much better.

17. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 25, 2010

Glad to hear things are looking up. I'll keep him in my prayers.

18. gigi

gigi Groupie

Aug 25, 2010

Thinking of you. Wishing for a speedy recovery for your Dad, and hoping hubby feels better soon.

19. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Aug 25, 2010

I am sending you good thoughts. My dad had Congestive Heart Failure and I understand. I did quit my job to be with my dad. I have never regretted that decision.

20. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Aug 28, 2010

I just wanted to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this hard time. My Dad got home and is doing a little better. I think he is just glad to be home.