What's expected from you in regards to class websites?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Pisces_Fish, Sep 19, 2010.

?

Classroom website requirements

1. No website required

56.5%
  2. Website required - district pays

39.1%
  3. Website required - we can use the site we want to

4.3%
  1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Sep 19, 2010

We have to have a site, through School Center, and it must be updated once a week (they check!) I update mine about once a week, but I update my homework page daily.

3. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Sep 19, 2010

We are not required to have a website, but I use one. I will be doing a brief PD session on it next month for the rest of the staff.

I think it's absolutely wonderful, and the kids do get excited about it. We've had a classroom from the other side of the country comment on the blog, and so we were able to do some shared writing as a blog comment.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 19, 2010

We have a district paid website. Each teacher's site is through the district one. We are expected to keep our sites updated, homework listed daily.

5. Ladybug Teacher

Ladybug Teacher Companion

Sep 19, 2010

No website required as of now. But I have always kept one for my kids and families. We use the laptops a lot in class, so it's nice to have all of the links sorted by subject and easily accessible.

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Sep 19, 2010

We're not required to have one, but some do. If we do have one, we're being encouraged to use Moodle to maintain consistency across our school board.

7. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Sep 19, 2010

District run - update weekly. This is our first year with it.

8. KatieC

KatieC Rookie

Sep 19, 2010

Our school/district pays for our sites which we are required to update weekly with student assignments. I'm actually a big fan of the websites... so nice for absent students, parent communication, etc.

9. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Sep 19, 2010

Our district requires teachers to have websites. I hate the district interface, so I bought my own domain name and build my site in iweb. It is linked to the district page.

10. teacherheath

teacherheath Companion

Sep 19, 2010

Ours is provided by the district through their program. We have to have our picture, contact info, and some general info about us/our class. I really varies how much people put on it. Some haven't updated it since last year and others update weekly-ish.

11. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Sep 19, 2010

Last year we were told it was mandatory to have a class site. We all used Weebly (which is free) and were actually in-serviced on how to set one up. Most people set one up-but it still says Welcome August 2009 on it.

A handful of teachers do keep them up to date-I find it to be very beneficial to my parents. I typically get 20-30 hits every week-mostly probably checking spelling words on Thurs. night, but there are class pics and other info there too.

12. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Sep 20, 2010

All teachers have a page through the district site. They "strongly encouraged" us to use them, but only a few people keep theirs updated. I wanted to, but I just keep forgetting. We started school on Aug. 27th and I've updated it twice. =X