What's everyone doing today?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by njteach41, Aug 26, 2012.

1. njteach41

njteach41 Middle School Social Studies Teacher

Aug 26, 2012

-woke up to the smell of fresh coffee from my husband
    -i made some chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast
    -cleaned up the house a little

-doing a MASSIVE Costco shopping trip, i want to stock up on loads of stuff for the fall before school starts (chicken stock, garlic, granola bars, diced tomatoes, etc. etc.)

-on the hunt for some type of cheap cart on wheels, or even a small laptop desk for my projector.

-home to relax, pick out a new book to read on my Kindle, and enjoy the day.

-making some bbq ribs for dinner and sit outside on the deck relaxing with a drink

3. myangel52

myangel52 Comrade

Aug 26, 2012

My mom and dad have our two kids with them today (going down to see my aunt, and to pick pears and apples from her trees), so I am going to clean the house up and sew the curtains for my classroom bookshelves. I want to hid the books that are all mismatched and distracting. Hard to sew with two little ones around, so.... today is the perfect day for that.

Outside of those two main activities, I am not sure what else we may do.

4. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Aug 26, 2012

I started getting sick this weekend so today I will be on the couch watching tv, reading AtoZ, and reading on my Nook.

Shopping at Costco on a Sunday is one of my favorite things!

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 26, 2012

Going to the Redondo Beach Pier & the nearby shopping mall out there. (Yesterday, went to an auto show & a couple of other places.)

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 26, 2012

I just got back from mass.

I want to tidy up a bit before going to a barbecue this afternoon.

We'll be back early because Peter starts school tomorrow.

7. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2012

Church this morning with the rest of the faculty at one of the churches that supports our school. Now at school putting my new easel together and doing lesson plans for the week (this is our 3rd). After that, I need to menu plan for the week, finish putting laundry away, and vacuum the house. Then I can relax!

8. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Aug 26, 2012

It's a bit rainy today so we can't do some of the yard work that was planned. We'll be putting the pool toys away though. I think we'll go get some ice cream since I have a gift certificate. Meals are planned for the week. Mostly relaxing since I have students tomorrow.

9. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Aug 26, 2012

Yesterday we processed 60 lbs of deer meat from last fall's deer, so today we're smoking it all.

I don't think our house is ever NOT going to smell like meat again!

Other than that, cleaning a little, doing some work to get ready for the first day of fall semester classes tomorrow, and relaxing.

10. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Aug 26, 2012

The children's museum is having their annual fund raising sand castle building contest called Sand in the City. Along with some incredible sand sculptures, they have food vendors, face painting and entertainment. My daughter is performing with her dance studio. So that's where I will be.

11. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 26, 2012

I cleaned the house yesterday so today I plan on:

~doing laundry
    ~going to the store to pick up a few things
    ~relaxing before the first day of school with kiddos tomorrow

12. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2012

Fiance is racing today so I am cleaning up here and getting ready for back to school tomorrow. I already cleaned the kitchen and made a bunch of breakfast burritos to put in the freezer for quick breakfasts when I need them. Did a load of laundry, too. Now trying to decide between lunch and a nap. Need to continue just tidying up, I have one thing I need to do for my classroom that I just didn't get to the other day, and then making dinner. Will probably watch true blood tonight and then head off to bed.

13. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2012

Silver, do you have a recipe for those burritos?

14. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 26, 2012

http://cdm-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/2012/04/breakfast-burritos.html this was my inspiration but I kind of did my own thing.

I cooked up a package of bacon (she used sausage in the blog but fiance doesn't like breakfast sausage too much) and drained it.

I made my own hash browns by running some potatoes through the grater on my food processor. I also threw in some mushrooms, an onion, and a green and jalapeno pepper from my garden. I did that until my food processor was full - I guess about 5 cups. I cooked that up in the same skillet as the bacon. This was super easy, but I am sure you can use frozen or precut potatoes if you wanted.

Then I cooked up 10 scrambled eggs. Then I dumped everything (bacon, potatoes, etc.) all back into the skillet, added a couple handfuls of shredded cheese, and mixed it all with some salt and pepper.

I steamed the tortillas (the medium soft taco size) in the microwave so they would be pliable. I put a heaping 1/4 cup in each one and rolled it up. Rolled them in plastic wrap, bagged them up, and threw them in the freezer. It made 14. Might have made a little more, but I ate some of the filling for breakfast. She says she got 22 but she must have been really skimping on the filling.

She recommends nuking it for 45 seconds, let it sit for about a minute, and then nuking it again for 30 seconds, but of course I haven't gotten that far.

This took about an hour to do, which is worth it if they last a little while - the point is to eat them when we are running late or want something quick - not just every day because they are good.

15. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Aug 26, 2012

Not a lot of fun, but still relaxing.
    - clean, go to the grocery store
    - laundry
    - I'll be subbing for a week in a science classroom, I brought home the text book, so I'm going to read the section we'll cover one more time
    - my daughter is coming home friend's house, I'll try to make it to the gym before that
    - decided to learn Spanish :) So every day I spend some time reading through vocabulary, today I want to start make some sense of the grammar (turns out I know so many words, this really won't be too hard)
    - ... and just basically doing nothing besides that.

Last night I went out salsa dancing, had lots of fun, so I'm already ready for Monday! When I have a fun but relaxing weekend I am happier during the week :)

16. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2012

Kids start tomorrow, so I am doing a few last minute things. And laundry. And yard work. And cleaning the kitchen. I wish I had it all done so I could have a stick-my-nose-in-a-book-for-the-entire-day day.

17. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 26, 2012

Hanging wallpaper

18. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Aug 26, 2012

I had many things on my to-do list, but they have all been derailed. I've been having a few too many Braxton Hicks contractions for my doctor's liking so I am sitting as much as possible while looking at a dirty house and trying to entertain a 3 year old! My husband is working a 12 hour shift today, so I am waiting for nap time to finish my lesson plans for next week!

19. smalltowngal

Aug 26, 2012

That's why I did all that yesterday!

Take care of yourself!

20. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2012

I had a workshop yesterday. The Saturday before school starts :|

I did a little yesterday, but I have a lot to do. After many hand cramps, I am finally done coloring. My Cricut will be super busy this afternoon!

21. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Aug 26, 2012

We made breakfast burritos today too!

We also did laundry and some minor cleaning. Chicken stroganoff is in the crock pot now and BF is going to start Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake. I'll make Chicken Picatta tonight. Now I'm heading to the mall to do a bit of shopping. My clothes aren't fitting right so I'm going to get a bunch of new shirts :)

22. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Aug 26, 2012

With the exception of right now, lol, I'm running like a madwoman to clean house and do laundry. LO was sick throwing up last night. :( It was weird because he wasn't running a fever, just throwing up. I don't think either of us got over four hours of sleep, so I'm trying to get everything done so that we can take a nap together in an hour or so.

Beth

23. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2012

My normal Sunday routine is morning church service, lunch with Mom, and then grading/lesson planning in the afternoon. I added the gym on Sunday evening starting last week.

But . . . this morning I woke up feeling like crap. I called Mom to tell her I wouldn't be at church, and I stayed in bed. I took my medicine (sinus & ear infection) and finished reading Divergent. I crawled out of bed at noon. I did make my bed and find something to eat. I've got some grading and lessons to do, but everything else can wait. Not going to the gym until I'm feeling better either.

24. BumbleB

BumbleB Habitué

Aug 26, 2012

Trying to enjoy my last day of summer! :(

Not doing much of anything. Watching TV, planning on doing a mani/pedi later, reading AtoZ. I have to do some laundry and then pack my gym bag for tomorrow.

Then up tomorrow bright and early for convocation and PD all day.

25. a2z

a2z Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2012

Church, cooking, lots of ironing, a to z, a nap, maybe some reading, and other odd jobs around the house.

26. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2012

-cleaning
    -laundry
    -finishing my plans for the week
    -grocery shopping

27. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 26, 2012

I went running this morning-just a short 3 mile run. Now the rest of the day I need to get a lot of stuff done for school.

I have to:
    *Finish my lesson plans for kindergarten and third grade (for Monday and Tuesday)
    *Finalize my cast list for the musical I'm directing ( I need to cut 3-6 more students)
    *Work on acceptance and rejection letters for the musical
    *Copy the letters
    *Find sight reading music for orchestra auditions
    *Check my audition list against the list of students who turned in applications

28. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Aug 26, 2012

I make these all the time too, and I will add...they are great for camping or traveling, if you wrap them in aluminum foil then throw them on the grill, they are fantastic. Spray the foil with some cooking spray first, then the tortillas get golden brown, crispy, and delicious!

29. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 26, 2012

Just got home from school.
    About to eat supper.
    Finish lesson planning.
    Relax.
    Sleep.

30. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Aug 26, 2012

Today I ...

- went to church
    - went for a walk
    - started a new book
    - had a nap

I'm about to microwave supper and then a friend is coming over this evening.

It's my last full week of summer holidays and I'm going to spend most of it at school, so I am enjoying today!

31. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 26, 2012

Totally a togetherness day...coffee and toast on a tray in bed (weekend routine...our cats get saucers of milk on the tray!:))
    Kettle bell work out
    Watched Lowes wallpaper video
    Hung wallpaper for HOURS...our first time, lots of problem solving...
    Chardonnay at parents house (we returned dads cool ladder)
    Dh grilling...Mexican corn with chili, lime and cotija cheese:)

And then couch time with Big Brother...

Gonna sleep well.

One week til son's wedding.:love:

32. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Aug 26, 2012

I got up super early and filled up the car and went and bought some bottled water and peanut butter to prepare for the very worst that may happen.

I relaxed for a little while, watched some episodes of Voyager, played some SongPop.

I went to Barnes and Noble to do work for my grad classes for a few hours, then met with a teacher from another school to discuss curriculum.

I came home, ate dinner. I'm about to do some laundry and cleaning.

33. smalltowngal

Aug 26, 2012

Celia~my hubs has been having a Voyager marathon all weekend...luckily he's in a hotel room 8 hours away so I didn't have to sit through all that. :)

34. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 26, 2012

Watched Lauren's team's game--they won! We then dropped off her care package and some other things she asked for and started the long drive home.

I'm beat; need to get to bed so that I can get in to school to do some work tomorrow.

35. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 26, 2012

It seems that Saturdays are more of the "get out & do things" day & Sunday is more of the "relax at home day"...& of course, church day for those who go to church.